• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

30+ Inches of Snow in the Mid-Atlantic

BobbyRitz

You're Fired, Daddy.
Between yesterday and today, we've received in excess of 30" of snow.

After 3 passes with the snow blower on my driveway, I think I'm done....for now! :D

First pass (another 8 or so inches fell afterward):

today.jpg

Hopefully after the last:

today4.jpg

I have a wonderful neighbor who did most of mine. Makes no difference though because the roads not plowed.

I've always laughed at people buying snow blowers in this area...now I envy them. :)

Digging out will do us no good. Baltimore County placed a nice big 3'+ mound at the end of our subdivision.

Be careful out there fellas.

I'm jealous. I want that much snow!

Be careful, but have some fun in it!

John

A little over 36 inches here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I just go done with the driveway as well as the neighbor's wife's while he's in New Orleans. I'm smoking a AF Sungrown while cooling off outside.

Here are the kids a few minutes ago..............Still going strong begging not to have to go inside still.
052-1.jpg

Here's my dog shortly after I had to literally pick him up and throw him outside this morning before he ended up doing his business in the house. Didn't like it, but he got the message.
045.jpg

You should definitely be in the parrot pass with your tropical climate

A little over 36 inches here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. I just go done with the driveway as well as the neighbor's wife's while he's in New Orleans.

Wow, I read that bolded part completely wrong the first time I read it through! :blush: :whistling: In any case thats a whole lot of snow!! glad you got to enjoy a good smoke afterwards. We just missed getting it here in NE. Snowed a little today but no accumulation. I'm hoping thats it for the snow for the rest of the winter!

We just got a couple inches of rain and the temp plummeted to 63 degrees in LA! :sign: I actually had to put shoes on today.

Just came in from shoveling all the snow, I always laughed at the people with the snow blowers until now. I did my house, a neighbors/fog, and had to clear a space for my fiance when she finally can get home. She is a labor and delivery nurse, and got stuck in the hospital.

Got about 24-27 inches here in Alexandria - hard to tell what's accurate because of the blowing/drifting. Alas, I have no snow blower. Just a couple shovels, a strong wife and a passel of kids. We've knocked out most of it and now have to get the cars out tomorrow - no way to go anywhere today anyway. Lots of limbs, trees down but no roof collapses thank God. Be safe you mid-Atlantic botls.

Had the front door and rear sliding door opened for most of the day. Temps started to drop a little and had to close the front door. ;)

The only time I miss the white stuff is when I would look out on the freshly fallen snow early in the morning.
Before anyone or anything had a chance to disturb the clean new blanket on the ground.

Then it hits you, shoveling... driving... bundling up... No Thank You. :)

I haven't seen that much snow in a while. I wish I got that much. :(

Here's my dog shortly after I had to literally pick him up and throw him outside this morning before he ended up doing his business in the house. Didn't like it, but he got the message.
045.jpg

My dog would be loving that much snow. She's a Golden Retriever mixed with something, Border Collie we think. She stands where I'm throwing the snow when shoveling so she'll get covered in it. Loves running through the stuff and burying her face in it! :)

We've got about 1/4 inch here so far today, so I _totally_ know what you guys are going through... :sign:

-John

045.jpg

Reported to
PETA

Bogie used to act like a kid, rolling in and biting the snow. He's fifteen now................Just an old grumpy dog who'd rather stay inside and watch me shovel the snow now.

Spends most of his time these days laid out in front of the wood stove warming his old bones.

045.jpg

My dog would be loving that much snow. She's a Golden Retriever mixed with something, Border Collie we think. She stands where I'm throwing the snow when shoveling so she'll get covered in it. Loves running through the stuff and burying her face in it! :)

We've got about 1/4 inch here so far today, so I _totally_ know what you guys are going through... :sign:

-John

27" officially but I had one drift that was almost 6 feet tall right in the middle of my driveway. My driveway is in better shape then any of the roads around me though.