• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Star Cigar

broblues

planning and plotting
Several months ago, I received a cigar that one of the guys that works for me brought back from the Dominican Republic.  The ring has 5 Star Cigar as well as Cigarros Estrella on it.  Anyway, after sitting in the humidor for a few months, I pulled it out last weekend and put fire to it.  I was skeptical to say the least.  Usually, at least in my experiences, island cigars aren't anything to remember.  Wow, what a surprise!  This cigar top to bottom was an extremely well put together stick, great burn, great construction and great spice flavors. So, I am looking around for a supplier and the only thing I find is from JR Cigars.  Does anyone have any information on this stick?

Thanks......

Steve

That could be a tough one Steve. I've had a few decent local cigars over the years (Bermuda, D.R., Costa Rica...etc) that are just sold in their area.

Good luck on you search.

I will look at my band when I get home to see the name.  But I bought a 5er from a tour and I'm sure it had 4-5 stars on it...red labels and white labels.  I'll let you know what I find.  BUT it was only local as I can't seem to find them here.

broblues said:
Several months ago, I received a cigar that one of the guys that works for me brought back from the Dominican Republic.  The ring has 5 Star Cigar as well as Cigarros Estrella on it.  Anyway, after sitting in the humidor for a few months, I pulled it out last weekend and put fire to it.  I was skeptical to say the least.  Usually, at least in my experiences, island cigars aren't anything to remember.  Wow, what a surprise!  This cigar top to bottom was an extremely well put together stick, great burn, great construction and great spice flavors. So, I am looking around for a supplier and the only thing I find is from JR Cigars.  Does anyone have any information on this stick?

Thanks......

Steve
Perhaps a vacation trip could be in store ?

broblues said:

Bring a film crew along and make Smokey and the Bandit part XXIV
Hay stranger....how have you been?

Hi Steve.  Been good.  Mostly lurking.  I try and hit up the virtual herf every month.  Don't have as much time to post as I used to with my new position at work.