• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 years on CP and counting...

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
I realized yesterday that I have managed to pass the 5 year mark for being a member of CP. Oh how the time has flown since I joined. I've had a lot of ups and downs with my health since joining. I've had the pleasure to met many CP'ers like Rod, Seadub, Swissy, Swifty and so many others along the way at the Outlaw Cigar Events.

Today starts a new chapter in my life. The VA Hospital is giving me my first shot in the lower back which they are hoping it will help make the pain I am tolerable. My Doctors at the Pain Clinic already said this shot may not work due to the damage in my lower back. I have nothing to lose and much to gain if it does help. No idea if I will feel good enough to get on CP later today or tomorrow. But I will be back in any case when my back recovers from the shot.

I just wanted to say thank you Rod for CP and many thanks to everyone else that makes CP what it is. A wonderful place I like to call Home away from Home. Thank you all and heres to many more years on CP. :thumbs:

Mr. Peat, in the short time I've been here I've quickly come to recognize and appreciate a specific core of exceptional BOTLs for their knowledge, generosity, and contributions to this community. I consider you one of the finest of that bunch.

Congrats on five years Loren! Hope everything goes well, and you'll be up and about smoking that BBMF Maduro in no time! :D Congrats again!

Congrats on your milestone, Loren. I also enjoy your contributions in the form of reviews.:thumbs:

Good luck with the shot. I had a couple different ones but neither helped. If one's situation is not an operable one, grinning and bearing it(therapy) is the frequently prescribed option of "modern medicine". One doctor, rather unprofessionally, said if I had more money things would be different. :angry:

Hopefully, your shot will help.

Steve

Congrats Loren.

I've undergone the injection route. These are usually done in 3 sets of injections, spaced out a few weeks apart.
Each set brought more relief for me. It worked real well for me. I hope you have positive results.

I think Opus aren't allowed after these shots...so get some Padrons ready. :0

;)

Way to go Loren! Class of 05 ROCKS! :)

Good lord. Next time you mention this I'm going to superimpose your ass on a white Chevy Citation, superimposed in the back lot of some small town high school, with your superimposed wavy arms up in the air on graduation day. Punk.

Congrats Loren.

Congrats Loren. Give me a call should you find yourself in LA again. Best of luck with your back, hope it all works out.

Well another typical VA experience. I called them last week to confirm what my appointment was today. It turns out whoever I talked to was an idiot. I get the shot at the Outpatient Surgery while some X-Ray is performed. Lucky me its on Wed 24th Nov 2010. Of course we all know this is the day before Thanksgiving. Ugh!!! On the bright side we found a good Smoke BBQ place to eat at outside Houston called Rudy's. We get there and there was at least 70 people in line before us. As we moved up, warm bodies filled the spots we just vacated.

Needless to say, we pigged out on some good smoked bbq food. This was the one on US 290 heading to Austin. Damn good place to eat. :thumbs:

Loren, congrats on the five years. Coming seems long, but once they pass, you wonder where the time went.

Since you are talking Texas, where are you exactly? If you got close to Hillsboro or even Waco, I'd be happy to take a ride and do a little herf with you.

Let me know if you like the idea. You're not stationed at Ft. Hood by any chance, are you?

* spelling as usual.

Loren, congrats on the five year milestone. I hope this new shot at treatment with the VA works out for you.

And Rudy's is excellent BBQ BTW...

Loren, congrats on the five years. Coming seems long, but once they pass, you wonder where the time went.

Since you are talking Texas, where are you exactly? If you got close to Hillsboro or even Waco, I'd be happy to take a ride and do a little herf with you.

Let me know if you like the idea. You're not stationed at Ft. Hood by any chance, are you?

* spelling as usual.

I'm way down past Houston down on the coast. We will be making a trip upto Austin one day. I just have no idea when it will be as the place I want to look at kayaks is there. plus, I can get my Military ID card done at Ft Hood. Since I am a 100% Disabled Veteran. I just haven't got my card done is all and need it for when I travel. I get a Military Discount on my mobile phone which is 18% off my bill every month. Some company has some perks for use poor old disabled veterans. But when I come up there I will definitely let you know in advance. And yes, I had been stationed at Ft Hood so many years ago. :p

Congrats and best of luck with the shots---is it the Botox series? My mom had that for her herniated discs and it seems to have helped quite a bit.

~Boar

Congrats on the 5 year anni Loren, I always like to read your informative posts about cigars.

When I first joined, I spent many hours reading older threads and whenever I saw you nub an Opus I thought, "This dude is craaazy (the good kind)!" Keep up the positive attitude brother.

Congrats and best of luck with the shots---is it the Botox series? My mom had that for her herniated discs and it seems to have helped quite a bit.

~Boar

Botox...hahaha!!! All I know its a steroid base and will be done during some X-ray of my spine so the needle is placed just right. I have to jump through the VA Hospital hoops so they can say I've attempted all their known treatments. Then it will be to late since the problem will have gotten worse. Right now I am losing feeling in both my feet and this is getting worse each passing day. I've called and left messages for my Doctor. I've informed the Pain Clinic at the Houston VA Hospital. They had me see a Pain Psychologist today. Lets just say that was an interesting experience and still no treatment for whats going on. At this rate, I will be in a wheel chair next year if they keep dragging their feet.

Anyways...I will get off my soap box as none of this will change the fact I'm not getting the proper treatment I should be as a Disabled Veteran. But seriously...Botox.... :laugh:

Congrats on 5 years.

I just noticed I passed the 7 year mark myself. :cool: