• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A BAD Padron 2000???

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
I didn't think it was possible, but last night I sat down with what looked like a beautiful Padron 2000 that had been in my humidor for 6-7 months. The first thing I noticed was a huge stem poking me in the teeth. I managed to pull it out - and continued on. After about 10 minutes, it started unraveling on me, but I licked it down and attempted to continue again, only to find that it had gone out on me. I re-lit only to have to go out on me 5 more times throughout the evening.

Very Very Dissapointed.

Of course that won't stop me from smoking more - let's hope it was just a fluke.

Dave :(

Dave

Ain't it amazing that even the "premium" smokes sometimes smoke no better than the "dog rockets"?

I too have had a couple of 2000's over the course of my cigar smoking tenure that have been virtually impossible to smoke comfortably. Stems don't bother me so bad as does the too tight draw. Read that last line as "plugged". I haven't the patience for a plugged cigar with no draw. I like a light draw with plenty of smoke.

I guess I am ranting because a just tossed a cigar because of the draw five minutes ago. The cigar was a Nic. Segundo 30 cent cigarbid cigar so I didn't feel as bad about tossing it as I would have had had it been a 2000.

For a 30 cent cigar the Nic. Segundo no name cigars are a pretty good, solid, Nicarauguan puros as long as one can put up with the occasional plugged stick.

'nuff said,

JerryG

I've never had a problem with Padron 2000 like that Dave. What I did have happen just a couple of weeks ago at my local shop was that they had just received a Padron order and the owner asked me to try one of the 2000. He told me they didn't taste right. So I lit one up and all of a sudden I felt like the top of my head had blown off. Talk about a nicotine buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I had never had a Padron hit me like this did. And it continued for the entire cigar.

The owner told me that everyone who had smoked a cigar out of that box had the same thing happen to them. Go figure. They must of gotten a strong batch of ligero in for that box!

I've smoked Padrons for many years and never had one I didn't enjoy. I suppose when you have a hand made product like a cigar, the quality can vary relative to the roller.

Padron makes a cazador for the local Miami market. Made from the leaf remains of their regular production. Even that is a fine smoke. Sells for less than a $1.00 each. Padron doesn't want this smoke to be distributed outside of the local market. They are sold in Little Havana coffee shops only. Goes well with a Cuban coffee, watching the girls go by. It's a tough life.
Peter

love the p2k or p3k for that matter. i'm a HUGE fan....mmmm with the maduro rapper. few, i miss them already! i'm going to have to go pick up a box this weekend. any other recomendations for smokes along the lines of the p2k. i love robusto's, maduro rapper. it's been a while since i've smoked (over a year) you can read my trials and tribulations under the cigartalk "HELP!"

Taxman, try the Mayorga Maduro Robusto. Great flavor at a great price. :thumbs:

Thanks shadow :D   I'm going to pick up 5 or so today :lookup: i'll let you know what i think :thumbs:

"taxman"
Greg

That smoke has always been a favorite of mine, but I too smoked a 2000 made from HAY or GRASS.
I swear I haven't had anything this nefferious since the King Corbras.
Bleach rinsing my mouth wouldn't help...