• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A big thank you to CP

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
Gentlemen, as I'm winding down my last sale, I want to thank everyone for supporting my sales and a bigger thank you to Rod for this great site. As part of the sale, I donated some money to Rod to help off set some of his costs as I said I would even though he didn't want it. There is not another cigar site like this one where the brotherhood is so close and we are lucky to have it. I've never experienced the camaraderie that I've experienced here and the protective nature of this forum. I've met some really close friends here that are even closer to me than my "real" life friends.

As many of you know, I stopped smoking because of the wife. I really did it to myself for smoking two and three cigars a day. I should've took it easy but hey. To be honest though our relationship has really strengthened since I've stopped smoking regularly. It's been tough and took some getting use to. She is ok with me smoking once in a while which is a fair compromise and it really allows me to truly enjoy the cigars that I do smoke. Since I've met (via the net only) so many people from different states, I have a deal with her that when we are in a different state, she doesn't mind me smoking with any fellow BOTL's. So as I travel, I will definitely be hitting up some of you brothers up for a smoke. Since my stash is limited, I'll supply the booze and you gentlemen supply the cigars - LOL!

I'm keeping my custom made small cabinet humidor with the Avallo system where I've keeping a decent supply of singles. I've sold my Bob Staebell Aristocrat M+ and now has a happy home to a very good friend of mine here on CP. I'm now going to start the wine cellar conversion of my closet walk in next week which should be fun and something new to look forward to.

I hope that in the future she maybe changes her mind like MU Mikes's wife did and get to start buying another collection all over. I've come to terms with the fact that I will never ever be able to buy some of the HTF sticks that I had but what the heck. In the grand scheme of things - I can always replace cigars but not a 23 YR old marriage. A cigar will make me happy for an hour or so but a happy marriage will last me a lifetime.

I plan on attending this years QSH and sharing some smokes with some of you. I also plan to stick around here gentlemen and contribute where I can and piss off a couple of newbies.  :D

PS: The wife is off to NY for a few days tomorrow and I will definitely be digging into the stash for some good smokes. ;)

Kristopher

Glad to hear you can keep a few around for a treat once in a while.  If you ever make it to Hawaii, the wine-a-dor and bar is always open.

Very good to hear life's headed in a positive direction and that you'll be sticking around...

If you ever get to MD or N.Va I'll be glad to host...

Kris
Always welcomed in south Florida by a former Bronx neighbor.

Kris, best wishes your way....

See ya at the QSH.

Priorities... and that's not a bad one.  ;)

If you ever make it to Switzerland for any reason, let me know. It sounds like you've got priorities straightened out and have come to a good compromise.

Kris, very well done post.

Kris, you're an outstanding BOTL but by the sound of it you're an even better husband.  I'm glad you've found some balance between the two.  I'm also selfishly glad you'll still be around here from time to time.  Your insight, knowledge, and generosity have been invaluable to both CP and to me personally.  Thank you.

Kris, you're a top notch gentleman. You are correct that it will be easier to build another collection as opposed to a relationship, though you may have some who would disagree, I got your back man. You have made CP a better place for all. May God bless you and yours.

C

Kris, you've got your priorities right, kudos to you for bold move that worked out well for you both.  QSH is on my list this year too, hope to see you there.  And of course, if you ever make it out to the Pacific Northwest, there are a lot of 'old friends' here for you to visit with..... ;)

The very best regards - B.B.S.

I'm glad things are working out Kris. You've got your priorities in the correct order!

Kris,

You are always welcome at our place here in the Blue Ridge. We have lots of room.

Hope to catch up to you at the QSH.

All the best,
J

On your deathbed, how many of us will regret cigars we didn't smoke?
ironpeddler said:
Pussy.  :laugh:
I'm surprised you didn't quote Kipling on this thread.

Ah, the wife versus the cigar, the eternal rivalry for man's attention. Who doesn't struggle with that here? Pipe down Gary.

Kris every one has already said it. If you find yourself in my neck of the woods I'd b happy to host you.