• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Golfers Dream

gtadroptop

You can't make this stuff up
After many years of golfing, I finally got one this afternoon! Par 3 190 yards. I knew it was going to be close to the pin, but didn't think it went in. I've had them disappear in line with the pin in the past, only to walk up and find the ball several feet away. Not this time. One of my foursome had a different viewing angle of the shot and kept swearing it went in the hole. He was right. There was no ball in sight as we approached the green. Walked up the the hole, looked down into it, and there was the ball. Don't remember how many times I said 'Holy shit', but I'm sure everybody on the course heard my victory shout. Don't really remember the next few holes. Do remember that it cost me dearly in the clubhouse, but that's okay. Still a little pumped, as if you couldn't tell. And yes, I saved both the ball and the score card.

Anybody else ever get one or more?

Very Nice! I have been close a few times but has not happened yet. DRINKS ON YOU!!!!!!!!

Congrats bro....frame the card!!

Also..how much did the drinks cost you?

Good on ya brother! I have been playing for 23 years and never had one.

PJ

I have come close a lot including bouncing the ball of the flagstick at least 1/2 a dozen times. So far no cigar.

This summer I had 3-4 chances on the 18th with putts for even par and missed them all. Talk about close calls.

Congrats Bro! I have made two and saved the card and ball both times to frame. I spent a good amount too on drinks afterwards, but it was well worth it!

Check into a few websites as they will send you some free stuff. I think Titleist, Ping, and maybe Taylormade have a hole in one club. You should mail something to Golf Digest and the Golf Channel.

I played with a guy who has has 4 of them today. But I once was in a 4some where I got to witness one...saw it actually drop in. I think I was as pumped as the guy who made it..

got pretty drunk afterward..

Congrats...There is no better feeling.

I have 5. I had 2 last year within 2 weeks of each other on the exact same hole using the exact same club, with the same foursome!! Talk about dumbass luck!! I think they set a record that day in the mens locker room bar!!

Congrats to you. I have been playing for 35+ years. No HIO for me yet. Came real close a couple of weeks ago - 2". Would have cost me dearly - it was an event with 100 players.

Maybe you have opened the flood gates. :D

Congratulations!

I've had two so far in 18 years of playing golf. The proshop's at each course gave me a dozen ProV1's as a prize.

Thanks for the tips and all the congrats. Guess I didn't say what club I used. It was a 3 iron. I was having problems pulling the ball. On that hole, all I wanted to do was focus on swinging slower and following through. That's why I overclubbed. It worked.

As for the bar bill...my friends are asshats. Never saw the phuktards drink top shelf before. Everybody else was happy with beer. :laugh:

Barely slept that night. We were at camp. I was slightly inebriated when I made the first post.

Congrats man!!! I've witnessed two and sniffed a couple myself but never had one.

Congrats!

It's so unlike you to repeat a saying over and over :whistling: