• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A grease bomb that burns

Seavita

An Anvil was dropped from Australia an landed on my head. Today I get home an found a big ole' box from New South Wales had flattened my doorman.....

Seems Anvil took it upon himself to treat me to some Red Island premium cold pressed EVOO in tribute to the Olive Oil thread awhile back...but does he stop there NOOOOOOOOOOO...he cushions the box with a velvet hammer and adds a selection of fine smokes(two of which are some of my ATF's) this man is typical of the a Man from Down Under.........quite, subtle yet powerful, and generous to a fault....

I will of course post a follow up review of Red Island,,,,

Glad you got em ok bro..

Enjoy the sticks and the greasy oily stuff.... :D

Nice one Dave! A little oily thunder from down under. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Had some last night with a still warm from the oven Bagutte a dash of grated parmesan and crackked pepper.......This stuff was amazing. It was exceptionally green and filled with the aroma of freshly cut branches and fruit. It had a very full mouth feel and perhpas I am a bit odd but I swear there was a heavy bannana and citrus flavors...great stuff! I will be using this on salads and for dipping, I just do not see it as a great cooking type for most dishes. Perhaps for a seafood ceviche or something with a summer type ciitrus sauce. But not for anything savory based imho.

Had some last night with a still warm from the oven Bagutte a dash of grated parmesan and crackked pepper.......This stuff was amazing. It was exceptionally green and filled with the aroma of freshly cut branches and fruit. It had a very full mouth feel and perhpas I am a bit odd but I swear there was a heavy bannana and citrus flavors...great stuff! I will be using this on salads and for dipping, I just do not see it as a great cooking type for most dishes. Perhaps for a seafood ceviche or something with a summer type ciitrus sauce. But not for anything savory based imho.

Chalk up one more thing Seavita and I agree upon - this oil is damn fine stuff.

Nicely done gents. :thumbs:

Chalk up one more thing Seavita and I agree upon - this oil is damn fine stuff.

Nicely done gents. :thumbs:

Wow thats twice in two years, at this rate by next year we will have as many agreements as the Red Sox have World Series Wins in the last hundred years..... :rolleyes:

Wicked mate.
Glad you like it.
I wasn't sure if that particular brand was available up your way.
We have dozens of small producers down here that put out excellent oils.

The Kiwis make some damn delicious olive oils as well. Some great olive oil from New Zealand are done by The Village Press. Generally this availabe at Whole Foods, or some of your finer local markets. You can read about their product line here, as well as order it online:

Linky

I picked up a couple of bottles of their extra virgin (barnea and manzanillo olives) and can attest to their absolutely vivrant, bold, fresh fruit flavor. It's outstanding.

The Kiwis make some damn delicious olive oils as well. Some great olive oil from New Zealand are done by The Village Press. Generally this availabe at Whole Foods, or some of your finer local markets. You can read about their product line here, as well as order it online:

Linky

I picked up a couple of bottles of their extra virgin (barnea and manzanillo olives) and can attest to their absolutely vivrant, bold, fresh fruit flavor. It's outstanding.

Yes NZ olive oil is very good.
My wife and I have our house in an olive growing area so we are spoilt for choice when we go home. She is there at the moment, and will be bringing me back a bottle of Avocado oil which is very nice for dipping and cooking.

LINKY