• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Very Sad Day!

Techmaster-1

I went to reach into my humidor today and there are only 5 cigars left. This makes me very sad. :( but once the ol' job market kicks in everything will be fine. anyone else seem to get hit hard with this damn economy? This sucks. there are hardly any jobs out there. especially for professional. well enough of me ranting and probably not spelling stufff right i am going to go get another drink!

later! :sign:

Don't worry Tech... we will most likely go to war :angry: Blah... now I need a drink... pass the bottle...

Tech, what kind of work are you looking for? Maybe someone here can help you out, fellow cigar-smoking American!

Tech,

Your right, very few jobs available, even in California. There used to be alot of computer job postings on monster every day, now there are very few. What really sucks, I can find a job that I am more than qualifed for, but they want someone who speaks "Chinese" as well as english (because we have so many Asians down here) -- really fair, isn't it? :angry:

Good luck with the search, I hope you get something soon...

Rod said:
I can find a job that I am more than qualifed for, but they want someone who speaks "Chinese" as well as english (because we have so many Asians down here) -- really fair, isn't it? :angry:
I am all for people coming to America. I don't think we should turn anyone away except for reasons of national security. The problem is that we don't encourage anyone who comes to our nation to assimilate to one common culture. We don't have an official language and here in Texas, some parts might make it Spanish before long. No problem, but I don't speak much Spanish. Who settled this place first, anyway?

McPatrickClan said:
We don't have an official language and here in Texas, some parts might make it Spanish before long. No problem, but I don't speak much Spanish. Who settled this place first, anyway?
Not us, that's for sure!

Thing is, I don't know much Hopi or Eskimo, either ;)

Yeah, I was laid off last October (almost a year!) -- but it's turned out ok for me. I'm sort-a half-heartedly looking for contract or p/t work, but sort-of enjoying the life of a cigar smoking semi-retired dude, too :)

Cheer-up, Tech! You're young, you can ...uh... become a masues on a cruise liner! <G>

Damn...I offered to smoke him down. Uhhh? Hold on...deja vu...that phrase sounds familiar...ohhh...it's probably nothing. I offered to have a cigar with him this week, but never heard from him. Sure hope he was putting in all those applications and didn't have time for a gar. Tech bro, I'm off to LOL Herfin...get with me when I get back and hopefully we can smoke one in honor of your new found job.LMAO :D

Misc said:
Not us, that's for sure!
That is true, I guess we are not the native Americans but the second-Americans. Then again, we did bring about the success that this country enjoys and have certainly done more to make it a place where anyone can be financially solvent with enough dedication.

Techmaster-1 said:
I went to reach into my humidor today and there are only 5 cigars left.
Just think how much happier you'd be, through the joy of giving, if you were to send one of them to each of your five buddies who have tried to console you on this thread...

Misc <-- just trying to help out :D

Seriously, though -- good luck on the job hunt. Try not to let things get you down -- it's not that bad...

What kind of work do you do? You in the same market as me? I know I'm getting laid off tomorrow. Already had the meeting with my boss and there's nothing they can do. So my staff and I will be SOL tomorrow about 10a. That'll be the second layoff in a year. Still 911 is getting blamed for it. First the Guggenheim, now Carnegie Hall. Crikey, I'm thinking of getting out of IT. I talked to a headhunter yesterday and she told me that she personally has 23,000 resumes and can't find work for anyone. Now that's pretty damn bad.

So I'll spark one up in your honor Techieman-masterguy... Good luck on yer search, post your resume on Monster and Dice and keep your fingers crossed.

Actually I have found looking on monster or dice to be good only if you are looking at a specific job posting. Try and cast a wider net by finding a pimp “headhunter” near where you live. They’ll work hard to try and place you because, if you don’t work they don’t get paid. I found my last job that way. I got laid off before 911 and it was hard to find work even then. Here in the springs WorldCom just cut 2000 people that are all IT folks. Try a local headhunter the more people looking the better. Good luck with your search.

Mpass

well i do IT stuff mostly just thge ol' average computer tech type of stuff, and yeah it seems as though there are really no jobs out here they say well you are over qualified for this, well guess what? If I was not interested and willing to take the cut in pay you would not have my ruseme and have not offered me a interview, so what gives? I am thinking about just finding a new line of work, i mean it seems as though every year to year and a half computer people loose their jobs or move up and it really sucks cause back in the day people that new computer stuff like were able to get a pretty penny, now who cares, so it seems. My brothers babies moms best friends uncle that was retired now fixes them so he must know more then u type of a thing. it makes me sick. well thanks for everyones encourgement and i hope to find something soon but yet there is no hope in sight... oh well....thanks again everyone..... ???