• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures In Home Inspection (Some May Be NSFW)

You might need to put jfields on ignore if you have a legit phobia of dildos or snakes?

Oddly enough, @bfreebern gets automatically notified if anyone posts an image of a snake or a dildo, and it gets an instant Likes notification from his account.
200.gif

That only happens with @Matt R

Damn! Another one… Sorry Nick! 😂
View attachment 46147
I need to figure out how to get our Black Racer family to come back! Aside from the day one of them got into the Bluebird house and made an omelet (on Mother's Day no less), Black Racers are good to have around in Virginia.

Several years ago, I found a nest in our garden hose coil one spring and about 20 baby snakes jumped out when I pulled the hose. Our house backs up to a woods, so I herded them into the backyard and watched them go. Since then, we've had mice in the garage and Copperheads in the woods. They are very territorial and immune to Copperhead venom, so if you have Black Racers you don't have Copperheads. Unfortunately, we found out they were gone when Mrs_Nihon was bit by a Copperhead.

@jfields

Dude, no. Srsly, please remove or hide that photo. I know I'm inviting trouble from the peanut gallery here, but I've a legit phobia of snakes, and there's nothing I can do about it. Even photos give me palpitations. Pleeeeeeeease?

Funny enough, when I was cutting the grass last night I found the remains of a snake that just shed.

How many toads do you count?
View attachment 46283
John, I found this guy on the road down into my cabin. I had never seen this species of snake so I stopped to get a close look. It was on the road and was 8-9 feet long stretching across the road. I drove up close to it for a better look and it kinked up like this. I read about the "Black Rat Snake" and found out that this is some sort of defense mechanism. It is the longest species of snake native to Ohio.
1629305203062.png

John, I found this guy on the road down into my cabin. I had never seen this species of snake so I stopped to get a close look. It was on the road and was 8-9 feet long stretching across the road. I drove up close to it for a better look and it kinked up like this. I read about the "Black Rat Snake" and found out that this is some sort of defense mechanism. It is the longest species of snake native to Ohio.
View attachment 46292
Damn! That’s a big one! Largest I have ever seen was a little over 6 feet.

We talked to a home inspector in Florida who found a massive shed python skin in the crawlspace. That was the end of looking in the crawlspace.

I see four. Did you post the pic of the copperhead Joe played with?
Yep! Four….
An employee of mine loved frogs. He was trying to catch the toad in this basement window well and set it free. The toad was too slippery and he gave up after a few minutes. It wasn’t until he went into the basement and was looking out through the window that he saw what could have easily been a trip to the hospital.
4831A7D6-E6EA-4EF8-B47C-E61C490680EC.jpeg

Yep! Four….
An employee of mine loved frogs. He was trying to catch the toad in this basement window well and set it free. The toad was too slippery and he gave up after a few minutes. It wasn’t until he went into the basement and was looking out through the window that he saw what could have easily been a trip to the hospital.
View attachment 46304
That is some good camo…