• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Short Story

Kxthor911

I had a short story a couple of nights ago. I think it was one of the better cigars that I have had do far. My question is are all the cigars in this line as good as the short story. I have a work of art maduro in my humidor as well that I plan to try one evening. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I think they are all pretty good smokes. The different vitolas (sizes) change your experience, as it does with most cigars due to the change in wrapper to filler ratio. Usually the smaller/thinner the cigar the more you are tasting of the wrapper, and the larger/thicker a cigar the more you are tasting the filler.

Happy smokes

C

Obviously size changes the blend some, as do the maduro wrapper.   With that said, I'm a big fan of most things Fuente.  I think the entire hemingway line is very solid in both natural and maduro wrapper.   I personally like the 8-5-8 line as middle of the road, reasonably priced smokes.  The Chateau Fuentes are good (the sungrown is fantastic).   The Fuente lower end cigars are all solid in my opinion, but not necesarily amazing.   I'm a fan of several of the their higher end offerings as well.

I don't really buy a lot of A.F.s in the Hemingway line. However, the two that I do smoke (which seems to be a 'go to' stick for me) are the Short Stories Maduro and the W.O.A.M. Both great sticks in my opinion, with a slight favor towards the ShortStory. Our group of smoking buddies call them 'shrimp cocktail'. (small, delicious, and quite the treat) 

Almost everything in the Fuente line up is very smokable.  The only problem cigars I've had are the "Flor de Ybor City" which I believe are produced exclusively for Tampa Sweethearts, but they claim it's a big seller.  The upper end of the line up has cigars that are a "must smoke" if you can afford them.  As you move up the chain you will most certainly bump into Fuente many times along the way.  Enjoy the trip :thumbs: .

I've never had a Fuente I didn't like, and to me the Hemingway line has always been the best.  

AF in general are my go to smokes aside from Padron x000 series.  I've always enjoyed every cigar from the Hemingway line.  Can't usually go wrong unless you get a dud.

I agree, the Hemingway line is reliable for a good smoke. I like the "best seller" also.

The Fuente line is like bread, milk, eggs and sugar. All staples in the house.

They make something for everyone. Classic and hemi line for mild to mediim. Don Carlos for medium bodied smokes and opus for the full bodied smoker.

The BOTL's here have pretty well summed it up. Fuente makes a solid smoke, find your profile and attack with fervor.

My genesis involves the "classic".  I am a bar tender and I give that cigar out at least once a month.
You are really going to enjoy the WOA maduro, I'm partial to the short story maduro. 

Enjoy!

I just picked 1 up from my local B&M shop... a week ago, figured I'd check it out at the herf tonight.

I love the Hemmingway Maduro cigars. If you withstand the temptation and bury a few sticks from each size for a few years, then you are in for a nice treat.

Not to high-jack the thread but how does the Hemingway line (which most people seem to love) compare to the Don Carlos?

I think you'll find the profile on all of them to differ, though slightly. Honestly, I've never been quite the fan of the Best Seller, though I do enjoy a WOAM.

Welcome to the slide! :whistling:

Outstanding short smoke with great body and flavor. I like the Signature a little more, if time permits. Both good in maduro, too.

sar127 said:
Not to high-jack the thread but how does the Hemingway line (which most people seem to love) compare to the Don Carlos?
The DC's are more of a mid to full bodied smoke, more pepper and spice. The Hemingway line is more of a mild woodsy smoke.

ChasingAsh said:
The DC's are more of a mid to full bodied smoke, more pepper and spice. The Hemingway line is more of a mild woodsy smoke.

Awesome thanks, I'll have to give 'em a try!

The Hemingway line was very solid in the 90s and early 2000s and, to me, have dropped off a bit over the last 6-7 years. The Hemingway Signature in the natural wrapper was the epitome of a cameroon wrapped cigar...a flavorful, light/medium bodied cigar that was perfect to smoke at any time. The Short Story had a unique flavor all it's own and was a great small smoke you could bank on every time. But not anymore in my opinion. I still always have them in boxes in my cabinet, but I don't reach for them as much as I used to as they just don't taste the same.

As for the maduros, I have them as well and still can't figure out what all the hoopla is about...hopefully with a few years of age on them they will wake up from their tasteless slumber.

To each his own...

It's ok Gary I can't take the maduros off your hands. Bring them to the quad state and we will devour them.

I really enjoy the signature maduro with some age on them. I think you will like the woam.