• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

(Almost) Perfect Day

lurch

I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
Day started off pretty weird today... I had to perform a funeral for a former Marine at 1000. I'm in charge of the firing detail that fires the 21 gun salute at a Marine's funeral. So, I did that this morning and was totally expecting the rest of the day to be marred with depression and sulking on my part.

Quite the contrary if I may say so myself. On my way home I decided that I would change to oil in my truck. Never changed the oil in my Titan so I didn't really know what to expect. After a bit of trial and error I finally got that done and felt really good about myself. Anyone else a DIY on their automobile?

After that, I filled up the pool for my daughter and let her have some fun, while I basked in the glory that is me.
gallery_5704_381_118233.jpg

While she got wet and wild, I got ready for some more glory. A good friend gave this to me and I decided that today was as good a day as any to torch it.
gallery_5704_381_485899.jpg

gallery_5704_381_158766.jpg

gallery_5704_381_327250.jpg

This thing was awesome. Nice bold flavors throughout and not a touch-up needed. This is definatley getting added to my top five...

Thanks for sharing in my day guys!!!

A former Marine? I assume he died of natural causes. That's a good thing.

Doc.

A former Marine? I assume he died of natural causes. That's a good thing.

Doc.

Yea... He got out after 8 yrs. as a Sergeant... He was 60 when he passed on Monday. I don't know the particulars of his death but the family didn't seem too torn up so it must not have been sudden...

Always nice when a day turns around like that.

I used to do the DIY thing with all my cars until I figured out I don't much care for getting messy. I'd rather have someone else do it. Not always an option, but nice when funds allow it. I do find that I can change my own oil quicker than the "minute" lube though. I once had to explain to the guy how to get the filter off. Didn't seem like it made much sense to go back there after that.

Glad your day ended well.

Sounds like a good day to enjoy a special smoke instead of waiting and waiting for the _perfect_ day. :)

Good stuff Bro! I just enjoyed one of these Friday evening and must say, it was great!

Sounds like a good ending to an eventful day. I like working on my cars as it's usually done with my dad so we have some bonding time and he always teaches me new things. He's a jack of all trades kind of guy that knows how to fix anything...very rare these days.

That smoke looks beautiful. I'm gonna have to add that to my wishlist.

Sounds like a good day Mike. I do all the repairs in both of our vehicles. I just get more pride out of doing the work myself.

Nothing is more enjoyable than when you work on your own car and get it working again... or should I say.. if you can get it running again. :) I do all the maintenance on my car, it is relaxing to get out of the house and work with your hands a little bit, a nice feeling of accomplishment. A great cigar is the perfect ending to top it off too, sound like a great ending to a day.