• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Am I ever Blessed!

atuck

ANEJORE
I have been sitting here in my humidor. Just enjoying the ambiance. I have been looking corner to corner. Wow have I got a collection. Many good memories collecting it. Many regrets on the amount spent on such a collection. I have way more than I can smoke. Some I am so proud of that I may never smoke. How silly is that? I don't smoke much anymore but when i do I often don't. It takes so long to decide what to smoke. That is not even to mention the pipe tobacco that I have collected. I have my ultimate choice, pipe or cigar!

You should light em up, that's what they're for. We know not what tomorrow brings and a fine fellow BOTL once said that life is too short. Smoke if ya got em!

Alan, I remember a coversation on rare or hard to find cigars. I had been looking previously for cigars made in 1998 because I wanted to have some cigars from my son's birth year to enjoy with him down the road when he was old enough to sit with me and enjoy them also. I remember Brian (Infinity) come into the thread and make one of the greatest statement I have ever read

Infinity said:

The best I've had is a Padron Millenium. I've only smoked one and have some more stashed away for later. I have some high dollar cigars but not too many "rare" ones. I guess one of the few rare ones that I'm actually scared to put flame to is an OR Anejo Shark.
Are you kidding, light the fugger up now to celebrate life. 
cool.gif

Who are you keeping them for, your son? They will taste like shit in 15 to 25 years time.

I smoke, my best cigars all the time. Live in the moment guys.

Brian

He posted this a less than two months before he passed away and he had been the one to send me the OR Shark.

I love that quote/post Brian.  I read it often.  I've decided that this year is the year I start following that guidance.

I've already lit some sticks I've held on to for over 8 years, and I've even given some away that old. 

It's over.  My time of "collecting" cigars is over.  It's a cigar, and I'm done "collecting" them.  So all of my cigars have been put on notice.  If you're in the humi, you're at risk, none are safe.

I remember the first time I read that Brian, and it really made me look at things a lot differently. It doesn't matter to me if it's a $2 cigar or a $200 cigar, a cuban Davidoff or OR Opus.  If I got it, I'm going to smoke it, and review it of course!  :D

Well, you did Harley's and I'm sure you rode them. If you have built muscle cars you must have at least turned them over and probably drove them, and now you have some fantastic sticks.

I'd keep one of each for the collect ability, keep some for your smoking needs and hopefully offer us the chance of a lifetime. I don't know shit about the older, rarer sticks and doubt if I could appreciate them, but it would be nice to see what you have got and I probably would go after a five just for the hell of it.

On the other hand there are a bunch of educated brothers that would just love to have a go at these since this type of situations does not come up often, if ever.

You know Souldog just passed. We all grabbed a DC Anni but these were 2008. You actually have the original from 2006. Now that would have been a true treat and a rememberance both for Souldog, and for us.

You can't take them with you to the grave. Hope you will give us a shot at some of these. By the way brother, NICE humi and smoking room.

Jonesy, that's my frame of mind. Screw it - smoke'em! I only try to store now for aging but won't hesitate to smoke anything that I have. 

That's a bummer that some of our brothers are gone. I remember them. So sad.

I know I haven't been around much lately, but good to see you posting again, Alan.

Pugman1943 said:
Well, you did Harley's and I'm sure you rode them. If you have built muscle cars you must have at least turned them over and probably drove them, and now you have some fantastic sticks.

I'd keep one of each for the collect ability, keep some for your smoking needs and hopefully offer us the chance of a lifetime. I don't know shit about the older, rarer sticks and doubt if I could appreciate them, but it would be nice to see what you have got and I probably would go after a five just for the hell of it.

On the other hand there are a bunch of educated brothers that would just love to have a go at these since this type of situations does not come up often, if ever.

You know Souldog just passed. We all grabbed a DC Anni but these were 2008. You actually have the original from 2006. Now that would have been a true treat and a rememberance both for Souldog, and for us.

You can't take them with you to the grave. Hope you will give us a shot at some of these. By the way brother, NICE humi and smoking room.

I have a full box from 2006 that I was planning to sell. I also have a cellophaned 10 pack of 2007's that I planned to sell. They are awesome cigars. It would have been a joy to smoke some of them with those that passed. I remember both of them. I think I smoked w souldog once.

Light this! said:
Jonesy, that's my frame of mind. Screw it - smoke'em! I only try to store now for aging but won't hesitate to smoke anything that I have. 

Agreed.

Light this! said:
This! I can say that I've yet to amass more than 5 or 6 of anything anyways, save for one box I paid $30 for? Those were the only ones that you could even say I aged, lol. I didn't, just took me longer to work through the box.

Nothing I have is overly expensive anyways, and that doesn't stop me from smoking it if it was. More so it's the weather or the amount of time I have to enjoy something. Lots time, best I got. Little time, smallest I got.

Friends over for a smoke? Best I got, regardless of time, weather, etc. :)