• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo # 50

lovetheleaf

I will be reviewing the Arturo Fuente Anejo #50.
I have a little story behind why I set flame to this stick today. Yesterday was my wifes birthday and of all days we had the hard decision to make, to put our 9 year old yellow lab to sleep. I have to say she was a great dog and will be forever remember. By far the hardest thing Ive ever had to do.
Any Hoo. I decided to lite up this beautiful cigar today and sit out side and do some remembering with some nice toons and some Jack on the rocks.

4-16-08010.jpg

Sorry If I seem to be a bit wondering with this review. Aside from my first one, Ive just had allot going through the head today. Ohh and yes horrible grammar and endless run on sentences. Sorry guys.

When I lit this cigar the first thing I got from it was a very strong chalky/ chocolate taste with gobs of smoke. Just the way I prefer a cigar to perform.

4-16-08017.jpg

Around this time It really mellowed out and turned to more of an almond and chocolate flavor, no better yet it was the taste of a Hershey special dark Hershey kiss. This was incredible, it was very tasty and even the smoke that came from the cigar had the same smell of perhaps a chocolate cake being baked that was burnt a slight bit and really tingled the nose when was breathed in second hand.

4-16-08028.jpg

From this point on between tasting from my mouth and exhaling from my nose, all I could think of was trail mix. You know the mix that has cashews, peanuts, almonds and raisins. However minus the M&Ms and add dark chocolate M&Ms. Bingo! My neighbor even stopped while he was cutting his grass to come by and find out what it was that he was smelling that smelled so rich and creamy.
Needless to say I smoked this down to the nub and enjoyed every minute of it.

4-16-08034.jpg

Well gents thanks for taking the time to read my review. I hope you enjoyed my review as much as I enjoyed reviewing and remembering a much loved pet of ours.

Very nice review man! I agree about almost all of the tastes, and the ones I didn't get could be due to my lack of serious palate!! hehe

Don

Sorry to hear about your dog bro, that's a bad deal for sure.

As for the #50, one of my favorite smokes for sure....glad you enjoyed it as well.

I love Anejos, and I love dogs, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

I had to put down my last dog about six months ago. It is never easy. That said, I'm coming around to the idea of puppy shopping next spring...

As a lover of animals I offer my deepest condolences. A fine cigar to remember your friend.

Sorry to hear about your dog!

The 50 is my personal favorite of the anejos. Thanks for sharing your review with us!

Sorry to hear of your loss. We had to put our Golden down last year. She was slowing down and we got a new puppy to try to keep her active. Unfortunately, she went down hill fast and we took her in as a family. Hard to do. At least the puppy had some time with her. She has big paws to fill.

The #50 is in my top five. You can now couple great memory's of your dog with a a fine stick each time you have one.

Sorry to hear about your dog. :(

The #50 is also my favorite size but I have really been enjoying the #46s of late. You really can't go wrong with any Anejo though - great cigars.

Good review. I had my first Añejo #50 a few weeks ago that I received in my newbie sampler...man that was the best ever! I need to get my hands on some more. Sorry about your lab dude.

Nice review and pics to a good smoke. So sorry about your Lab, glad to hear you enjoyed the dedication smoke.

Coincidently, I smoked a 46 just one hour ago. Anejo's are always consistent, never had a burn or taste problem with any vitola.

Brian

Really sorry to hear about you dog, my old dog passed away about a year ago from an array of different cancers that struck her while we were on vacation. She was only 6 :( .

That said, there aren't many finer smokes out there to smoke in tribute to a lost friend. I enjoyed a magnificent añejo #50 on monday. My only gripe was that it felt awkwardly large in my mouth (thats what she said :laugh: ). I don't know what it was, it just felt huge for a 50 ring gauge.

Nice review and very sorry to hear about your dog. Glad you were able to take the time to remember him with a nice smoke, beverage and relaxing tunes. Best wishes. :thumbs:

Thanks guys very much. My wife and I have been reading these responses together and we both greatly appreciate the kind words.