• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo

Maduro Clint

Livin the dream
I had an excellent Arturo Fuente Anejo #50 last night...very enjoyable smoke. Brick sent to me a while ago...definitely worth the hype.

I believe these are best at around a year and a half or so. Man I love those 50's.

I just did a trade with Golfgar for some 46's and you are right, they are a great smoke.

I've always enjoyed an Anejo more than the Opus, and the 77 are my personal favorite. I like torpedoes in general though.

You know it's a good line when everyone has a different favorite.  I personally prefer these over Opus X and always have.

In order of my favorite to least....not that the least isn't great:

1. 50
2. 46
3. 48
4. 55
5. 77

I haven't had the rest yet, so I can't say much about the 49 or 60.  I think the new 888 is something I would really enjoy though.

Personally, I love them all! Haven't had one yet that I didn't like!

That being said, I have been on a 46 kick lately.

My favorite is the 46. Fuente is one of the very few that processes Maduro wrapper to it's full deliciousness. Too many of the alternatives are bitter and metallic while Fuente's is delicious. The 46 really allows me to taste that wrapper. Tough call on my 2nd fave being either the 50 or the 77.

Another vote for the 50.  It's been a while since I've had one... maybe I should do something about that today.

I got some 888's in the other day. I'll review once they've had a chance to rest.

Wiping mold off aside...I have thoroughly enjoyed every Anjeo I have had the good fortune to smoke. I try to let them sit for a couple years and the following is my order of preference AND the order of least likely to get more than a year of storage time.

Those are in order of my preference.  I gravitate towards the smaller ring gauge, when I smoke Opus or Anejos.  I haven't had the 60 or 888 yet.

bfreebern said:

Those are in order of my preference.  I gravitate towards the smaller ring gauge, when I smoke Opus or Anejos.  I haven't had the 60 or 888 yet.
You'll dig the 888 then!

I got a couple Anejo's from GolfGar that I need to try, I'll fire one up tonight me thinks...

The owner at my local cigar store, Hemingways, showed me about 6 months ago his stack of anejos...at least 70. Too good to sell he said....saved them for his own personal use. Need to find a way to get a few of those bad boys in my humidor.