• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another youngin` needing some CP magic on the job front!

H311oLHD

With all of the luck CP has been having on the job front as of late, I was hoping you fellas could send your good vibes to one more brother in need of them. I've been working for my current company since I was a senior in high school, worked for them throughout college and received a promotion as of Aug 08. Tomorrow I will be interviewing for another promotion within the company, this time for a salaried position. This is a job that is more of a stepping stone for me, but one that I have wanted for a LONG LONG time. I've been meeting with my boss' boss (district manager) since May, and I've finally received the interview that I have been waiting for. If tomorrow's interview goes well, then I'll have a panel interview for the position.

I could really use some good thoughts guys....thank you in advance :blush:

-Aaron

I feel the pain, these interviews and all the politics in the hiring market, especially in such a shitty economic situation, is cause for some serious stress and anxiety, however, I believe I am 1 small bit of evidence that somewhere there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Wake up early in the morning, get an extra good shave going, have a small breakfast, and when you look in the mirror just tell yourself that the job is yours, your brain will believe the things your mouth says, and so will everyone else.

Good luck, I'm sure that if you keep your confidence up you'll do great.

Best of luck Aaron! I am sure you will do fine. Go get'em tiger.

Best wishes! I'm sure you'll do great. Just relax and be honest. My thoughts are with you!

Good luck tomorrow bruddah Aaron
thumbs-up.gif
I'm sure you will have a positive decision made in your favor!

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for ya.

:cool: good luck bro !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Good luck man. The CP "mojo" is real even for those who don't post asking to share in it, sometimes just thinking about it gets it going.

I think Todd puts something in the code for the forum.... :sign:

Good luck to you...it's stressful, but be confident in your ability and qualifications without being arrogant. Know what you are talking about and dress and handle yourself professionally. Finally be on time. 80% of life is just showing up, right?

Well Gents,

the interview didn't go as I had planned, but it wasn't a bad thing. The interview turned out to be more of a "mentoring"/coaching session. Starbucks, the company I am interviewing with for the promotion, has a whacky interview process and this Store Manager was coaching me how to pass the interview. He asked me several questions and then went over my answers and then gave me an example how to improve my response. Although it went just ok, I got the feeling that my district manager isn't messing around with me, she wants me to pass the interview process and is giving me all of the coaching and training she can so that I will pass the interview. I have another meeting with the Store Manager in about a week. This time he expects me to have my responses prepared and will hopefully give me the go-ahead for the interview!!!!

I am feeling like the ball is in my court and I am not taking it lightly. I have been preparing my ass off for the interview, and I feel that I'm going to do very well this next time!

-Aaron