• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any idea on the age of this box of VSG's?

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
20181124_184438-jpg.23507
20181124_184438.jpg

I'm not an Ashton guy so I must be missing something. Is this not the packaging they use anymore?

Definitely pre-2007--I have a box of belis purchased in March '07 that say VSG. I think '05 might be about right.

@CigarStone bought a box from Lucasbuck that looked just like that. I remember opening it with him. It was from 2000 if I remember correctly and they were phenomenal! He saved a few of them for whenever he, Keystone_Raider, and I got together starting around 2011.

@CigarStone bought a box from Lucasbuck that looked just like that. I remember opening it with him. It was from 2000 if I remember correctly and they were phenomenal! He saved a few of them for whenever he, Keystone_Raider, and I got together starting around 2011.
Where and when?

The VSGs were originally released in 1999, so I'm betting what Craig (Lucasbuck) sold him, were the original release. Those are referred to VSG rounds and I went through several boxes of those and they were incredible cigars. I'll have to see if I have any of the boxes left.

Where and when?
What do you mean Mr. Hinde?

He bought them off of Craig who still had the box sealed. Jeff even let me open them I remember. I’m not sure if the exact year, but I’m guessing we opened them at Jeff’s Ohio cabin around 2010 or 2011. Jeff smoked them himself, but every year we would get together he would bring three Torpedo’s from the box for us to share. Doesn’t have them anymore as far as I know.

They were really good! But, I remember they were done evolving when we opened them. They never seemed to get better, or worse after that.

What do you mean Mr. Hinde?

He bought them off of Craig who still had the box sealed. Jeff even let me open them I remember. I’m not sure if the exact year, but I’m guessing we opened them at Jeff’s Ohio cabin around 2010 or 2011. Jeff smoked them himself, but every year we would get together he would bring three Torpedo’s from the box for us to share. Doesn’t have them anymore as far as I know.

They were really good! But, I remember they were done evolving when we opened them. They never seemed to get better, or worse after that.

Sorry I should have been more specific........I was referring to your next meet up with Jeff and Jim!

Tom Bover was able to clarify that they changed the box and bands in 2006. So the boxes with Cabinet are 1999-2005.