• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any one try Kirkland branded Bourbon?

Pipe Smoker

I'm a long time Costco member and a huge fan of the Kirkland brand. When I lived in NY I could get the Kirkland branded beer, which was okay. Recently I learned (via CNBC) about Costco's roll in the wine world and I have been on a quest to get a hold of a bottle of Kirkland wine. However, living in the puritanical state of Pennsylvania, liquor and wine can only be purchased from state run stores. The store across the bridge in NJ doesn't carry any booze either (though, I think they can).

Anyway, we were visiting friends in Florida over the weekend and popped in to their local Costco to pick up a few things and low and behold they had a full wine section. Then as we were walking out the door, they had a separate, but attached, liquor store. As we poked around I saw Kirkland Vodka, Tequila and Bourbon. Vodka and Tequila don't really do it for me, but two bottles bourbon made their way back to PA with us.

Anyone ever try this, or know anything about its origins? The bottle is roughly the same shape as the Knob Creek bottle.

It is Jim Beam but Knob Creek...it is not. Jim Beam Black....yes (Actually, I thought Costco's version was even worse than Beam black) Not a big fan, as good as any other mixer out there.

Kirkland Beer - Gordon Biersh
Kirkland Vodka - Grey Goose

Costco private labels good brand name items usually.

Costco apparently got with Beam and "designed" their own Bourbon....this was the result, it tastes a whole lot like Jim Beam Black, a little hotter because of the proof.

Kirkland Scotch - Macallan

It's pretty good, I have not tried the Burbon though. I usually have a bottle of the scotch in the house at all times.

I didn't see the scotch or I would have picked that up to.

One glass so far. Not bad. After reading a bit on the internet I was expecting the worst. Definitely solid for a $20 bottle. It may be made by Beam, but its not Beam or Beam Black. Its too strong to be Beam and a bit harsh and not quite sweet enough to be Beam Black. Someone on one of the whiskey forums I was reading suggested it was a probably a run of bourbon for a new Beam offering that fell through or didn't quite live up to expectations, that seems reasonable to me.