• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Reviews

greeneyedmonster

Hello everyone. I'm looking into purchasing a cabinet so I can expand on my cigar collection in boxes instead of singles. I have a budget of $700-$800 that includes shipping. Since I live in Alaska the shipping costs just as much as the product usually.

So I have choosen this cabinet below out of many. Based on that it has plenty of room and built in electric plug ins.

The Connoisseur

So please if you have any experiences with this product please let me know. I plan on making this purchase in the next couple of months.

Thank everyone.

If you can afford it, then a nice piece of furniture will always look better than a coolidor.

However, here's the problem... if you remain a member of CP, you may out grow that humidor within a few short months.

Not a bad idea to set up a coolidor to start (total cost with beads will not dent your pocket), and see what happens in the next two months.

Brian

Looking into the Aristocrat. I plan on purchasing a cabinet for my 5th anniv.

Looks like there are a lot of options for the Aristocrat as well.

I just oredered my Aristocrat and I can not wait for it to come in. From all the praise that I've read about it, I think it's going to be an amasing addition. Glad you are consdering it, I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Yep, the options are endless. They add up real fast, too. One I recommend is the pull out shelving. It makes things easier.

Yep, the options are endless. They add up real fast, too. One I recommend is the pull out shelving. It makes things easier.
I went with the base model Aristocrat, and Bob said that it was well worth the $40.

I have the Conni from CheapHumidors and I like it very much. Looks great in the basement as an end table, and most people do not know it's a humi! Holds a lot of cigars (but not the claimed 1200) and does RH pretty well.

That said, I also have a coolidor for the overflow...

Hey Swissy do you think you cand send me some pics of your conni? I have a Rovolle 300ct that works perfect for my over flow.

Hey Swissy do you think you cand send me some pics of your conni? I have a Rovolle 300ct that works perfect for my over flow.

Pics-
med_gallery_1715_5_66942.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

It's much fuller now... :cool:

Guys, I got to tell you....this humi is hard to beat for the price and size....especially if you're on a budget.

I have an Aristocrat and by the time I optioned it up with drawers, slide out shelves, custom top, custom door, extra drawer dividers, shipping...etc, it was 5 times the price. The basic version is 2-3 times the price. What I have is a gorgeous piece of furniture, Bob did a superb job making it and his service is second to none. I love my humi and would do it all over again.

But for a person looking to upgrade in size substantially for this amount of money...and Swissy says it holds RH pretty good....I'd think it's a no brainer whether to buy this thing. You can always trade up later and sell this one for at least 2/3s what you originally paid for it.

My .02

I'm curious to hear what you decide.

It seems that the high humidity over time can take a toll on humidors. Does anyone know if the Connoisseur is made of Medex (a medium density fiber board, free of formaldehyde and designed for high moisture areas)? It appears that many of the Chinese humidors are made of particle/fiber board which may not be bad if it is Medex or a similar product.

The humidor in this photo cost $25. The thin quadrant hinge is screwed into some kind of fiber board and the humidor itself is lined on top, bottom and edges with a 1/32" veneer.

quadrant_hinge.jpg

Wow what a mess and a great pic. Guess you get what ya pay for. My fear with the chinese "wood" humidors is that if you spill water on them, what happens to the finish, a bubble?

That is a very nice looking humidor. The more and more I read about humidors and I see all of the pics I can't wait till my Aristocrat comes.