• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Tea Drinkers Here?

gunsandcigars88

Well fellas, I have been craving a good cup of tea lately. A good friend of mine got into drinking different teas a couple years ago, but has since moved away. I tried one once, and really enjoyed it. For some odd reason now I want some again. The one I tried before was a black tea. So I just wanted to see if anyone here was into tea really. I have a french press pot and everything already. All I need are some suggestions on what teas to try, how to prepare, and some good sources for teas.
B

You cant compete with a good quality cup of the highest grade sencha green tea from Japan IMHO. Ill drink almost all types though, I love chais, oolongs and herbal teas for aspecific mood (ie: sleep, relaxing).

I love a good tea. Its similar to a cigar in terms of the ritual you get into when prepairing and all the little accessory one can buy to make that "perfect cup" of tea. I find the best thing to do is just go into a store and let the staff tell about the different teas. Typicall they will let you stick your face in a bag and get an idea of the smell and taste. Another option is a place on line call Tealuxe. They are a pretty good resource.

I love a good tea. Its similar to a cigar in terms of the ritual you get into when prepairing and all the little accessory one can buy to make that "perfect cup" of tea. I find the best thing to do is just go into a store and let the staff tell about the different teas. Typicall they will let you stick your face in a bag and get an idea of the smell and taste. Another option is a place on line call Tealuxe. They are a pretty good resource.

I agree with this entirely. On a hectic, stressful day, there's nothing like stopping everything and taking the time to make a perfect cup of tea.

If you can find a local shop with good turnover, they should be happy to let you peruse their bulk teas and discuss them passionately with you. Tealuxe is great and I've ordered from them before (and purchased their little brewing device which is surprisingly not as cheap a device as you might think) but there's no beating going to a local shop and building a sampler of everything they've got.

Personally, I generally like a good strong black tea. If I'm in the office, I'll take it a step further and steep three cardamom pods, one star anise, four whole cloves and a stick of cinnamon in my tea with just a touch of milk. It walks all over the simple complexity but it sure is tasty and the smell fills the entire office; everybody knows I'm making tea. It's my way of saying I'm not answering questions right now. ;)

Parent-inlaws are big tea drinkers being Russian

I like black rusian tea, I forget the name of it . But if you got to a russian store, they should have it :thumbs:

Unfortunately there is no shop to get tea at here in town. I am going to have to order it. What are some more of your favs. Some besides black teas, cause I know I like those.
B

I drink a fair amount of loose tea in the winter months. I tend to have white Tea the most as it helps with the immune system during flu season and enjoy the smooth subtle flavor. BUt will drink black tea or Pu Erh. I have some of the Immortal Nectar that I saved and have a cup or two a week, strong but, very good.

There are a ton of great teas available. I typically buy my tea from

www.artoftea.com

Read the profiles and reviews and see what you thin you will like or you can buy a sampler and try out a few.

Enjoy!!

If you just want to try a few out, I have a few of my favourites from tealuxe I'd be happy to send you. There's a Tealuxe store about two blocks from me I have to walk by to get anywhere so I've tried most of theirs.

If you were just going to order some, my personal favourites from there are the Rooibos Red Bush (which is technically an herbal) , Ti Quan Yin, and Spicy Ceylon (and that actually is a black as well but it's a nice blend)

Well fellas, I have been craving a good cup of tea lately. A good friend of mine got into drinking different teas a couple years ago, but has since moved away. I tried one once, and really enjoyed it. For some odd reason now I want some again. The one I tried before was a black tea. So I just wanted to see if anyone here was into tea really. I have a french press pot and everything already. All I need are some suggestions on what teas to try, how to prepare, and some good sources for teas.
B

Looseleaf is the only way to go -- grab some quality teas here:

http://www.generationtea.com/

I'm partial to some of the Japanese teas... Sencha, Genmai Cha, Hoji Cha, etc. Some of the Chinese teas are extremely good as well, the Anxi Tieguanyin Gold is a favorite of mine.

http://www.generationtea.com/store/product...ede3c4470b93ea5

B

Looseleaf is the only way to go -- grab some quality teas here:

http://www.generationtea.com/

I'm partial to some of the Japanese teas... Sencha, Genmai Cha, Hoji Cha, etc. Some of the Chinese teas are extremely good as well, the Anxi Tieguanyin Gold is a favorite of mine.

http://www.generationtea.com/store/product...ede3c4470b93ea5

You forgot to list your special tobaccochino blend.

Sip yourself a cup of Earl Grey in the evening before bed. Even better with a good cigar to go along with it. Loose leaf in a french press is the way we do ours. The wife boils the water in a ceramic tea pot although i'm not sure if the type of teapot makes a difference.

There's a Lupicia Tea Store in the mall, and their selection is worldwide ranging from loose to bags, however, they can be a bit pricey for my tastes. I will occasionally go and pick up some different types in bags, mostly a floral smelling or fruit essence.
As I didn't want to get into the whole proces of brewing (which can include lots of accessories, like cigars and pipes) I just buy green and black tea bags, 1 of which will have a floral aroma, and steep 1 of each in a Starbucks sized cup. I just leave them in there until I'm all finished. I like the combination of both in my cup.