• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone make their own charcoal

MrMaduro

I reciently fabricated a kiln to make my own charcoal. I baked a 55 gal. drum of apple wood, which turned out almost half a barrel of charcoal. This lump charcoal lights easier, burns hotter, and more even than store bought. The process is relatively easy. here are a few pics.

downsized_0329091455.jpg

downsized_0329091445.jpg

0328091936.jpg

0329091916a.jpg

0330091205.jpg

0330091204.jpg

If you ever get a chance, you should see how Jack Daniels does it.

They basically make a bon-fire of sugar maple ricks, squirt some of the un-aged spirits on the wood, and light it on fire.

It's quite the sight. But if you go to the distillery for the free tour, be sure to go on a weekday, because they do not burn the ricks on weekend days.

I like this DIY stuff. One of these days, I got to gut me a sheep and make my own condoms.

Doc.

I like this DIY stuff. One of these days, I got to gut me a sheep and make my own condoms.

Doc.

Geeze Doc, what do you need to protect the sheep from? I thought you had the cure for all things STD having taken care of Marines for 50 years.

Doc.

I don't always agree with your commentary Doc, but I wanted to tell you that this was the best ever!

I am still wiping coffee off of my monitor.

Fish

I guess my previous attempts simply weren't prurient enough for your tastes. I can fix that. ;)

Doc.