• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone reload ammunition?

wanlail

Since theres been atleast a few posts about guns and the whatnot, I was wondering if anyone here reloads. I picked up a Lee Precision 1000 series setup and wanted to start up soon. I've gotta wait for my bullet heads to come in!

Anyways, I know the casings with deformations at the head and cracks can't be reused, but can ones with dents on the body be used? Has anyone tried the presses that swage the lead heads with brass or copper?

Kevin

I've done a bit of reloading. I'm not sure what all your talking about. Cases with dents can be reused, sometimes the dents don't need much if anything if they are small, other times they need more attention. I don't know what to do about badly dented ones as I just give them to someone else that uses them.

Not sure what bullet heads are? Also not sure, never heard of presses that sage the heads with copper or brass.

Hopefully your Lee kit comes with, or your getting seperately a good reloading manual. The Lee loading manual is really good with all the how to do stuff. Pretty simple and straight forward.

I used to reload quite a bit. Reloaded for pistol, rifle & shotgun. RCBS Rockchucker and a Hornady ProJector for all my reloading needs. :)

Still have all the equipment sitting in the garage right now. Haven't had time to reload in 2 years. Tried listing the stuff on Craigslist, but kept getting flagged. :(

Cracked cases can not be reused.

Deformed heads and dents - if it is a straight wall pistol case, that will be taken care of during the resizing process.

If you're talking about rifle cases with shoulder dents, I myself never worried about them.

You will need a good reloading manual. Start at the lowest powder charge and work up from there.