• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are any of you people being sprayed?

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
According to the local rag we're being sprayed with pyriproxifen. A growth inhibiting larvacide for mosquitos. They spray in the morning and afternoon. When I was young they used to do it at night! :(

According to the local rag we're being sprayed with pyriproxifen. A growth inhibiting larvacide for mosquitos. They spray in the morning and afternoon. When I was young they used to do it at night! :(

They still spray late late around here. 11pm or later.

They spray at night around the city but not our where we live.

The cats and dogs are sticky! Plus a recent Brazilian study suggests this larvacide may cause microencephely and my son and his wife are trying to get pregnant. I was just curious where else this occurred. I read they're spaying Long Island. Seems the mosquitos, which were almost nonexistent, are now worse! Dumbass busybodies should ask us if we want to be sprayed! :mad:

I've seen the sprayer once in 20 years. At night. A lot of folks stirring up fear based advertising with the Zika scare.

Spraying here. Signs are up, after 9pm, but we have a lot of Zika skeeters here.

When I was a teenager they used to spray all the time by truck and plane in S. FL. Haven't seen it in years. My understanding was that it posed a danger to birds and other insects such as butterlies, not so much humans, but I could be all wrong on that...

Spraying here. Signs are up, after 9pm, but we have a lot of Zika skeeters here.
Here's the report: http://www.naturalnews.com/files/Informe-Zika-de-Reduas_TRAD.pdf

"The biotech industry is using Zika virus to cover up three science experiments that have gone bad (Tdap vaccines, insecticides, GM mosquitoes). In this way, nature can be blamed, more insecticides and vaccines can be sold, and more GM mosquitoes can be released. The public is taught to fear nature even more and stop reproducing."

Here's the report: http://www.naturalnews.com/files/Informe-Zika-de-Reduas_TRAD.pdf

"The biotech industry is using Zika virus to cover up three science experiments that have gone bad (Tdap vaccines, insecticides, GM mosquitoes). In this way, nature can be blamed, more insecticides and vaccines can be sold, and more GM mosquitoes can be released. The public is taught to fear nature even more and stop reproducing."
Somehow, I think it'll take a lot more than mosquitos to stop people from sexin.

All I can say is the world has gone mad. I do not think anyone knows what the hell is going on. It is a cluster. Pretty soon there will be a social group for mosquitoes rights!

And I thought the thread was about folks getting spayed...

Might not be a bad idea.

I too remember as a kid watching the fogging trucks driving through the neighborhood at dusk. But that was in the late 50's-60's. What they were using, I don't know but I bet the EPA would crap bisquits if it was used today.

Might not be a bad idea.

I too remember as a kid watching the fogging trucks driving through the neighborhood at dusk. But that was in the late 50's-60's. What they were using, I don't know but I bet the EPA would crap bisquits if it was used today.

Bring back DDT. That shit just flat worked.

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Pick something tried and effective and get it done. We used to have tons of mosquitos here when I a kid. It's been decades since they were wiped out and they never came back. Effective!

The tick population in Maine is through the roof. Nasty insects mosquitoes and ticks!

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It also killed peregrine falcon chicks, bald eagle chics etc. etc. They're making a comeback now because they stopped using that crap. Its only taken around 50 yrs. There are other things that are effective.

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It also killed peregrine falcon chicks, bald eagle chics etc. etc. They're making a comeback now because they stopped using that crap. Its only taken around 50 yrs. There are other things that are effective.

Had a biology instructor who spent the first 10-15 yrs of her career working on restoring the Peregrine falcon population here in California. DDT made the shells of the eggs so soft they cracked from the weight of the parents trying to incubate them. So many of them weren't even able to have chicks.

Do you have any idea how toxic that shit is?
Actually not terribly. It's horrible for birds and the like, but it's been reintroduced in Africa as a counter measure to malaria. Now the protocol is to spray just within the home. It's saving thousands and thousands of lives.

Actually not terribly. It's horrible for birds and the like, but it's been reintroduced in Africa as a counter measure to malaria. Now the protocol is to spray just within the home. It's saving thousands and thousands of lives.
Well in this case, maybe it's used because the pros outweigh the cons. Maybe the mindset is that saving thousands of human lives is more important than the detriment to wildlife and the environment that DDT can cause? Or are less things affected there/ has DDT been modified at all? I'm a little unfamiliar with the spraying in Africa.