• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

are these cubans real ?

Theo tanswell

my friend went to Spain a few days ago and picked me up some cubans a 25 box of the Romeo and Julietas No. 3 and a 25 box of guantanameras christales. I can tell from the box and taste and everything that the guantanameras are real but am stuck on the romeos. the bands are identical to real cubans RyJ I've had before but they still seem like fakes. I will put some photos below. the price of the RyJ was just under £200tempImage3slIzm.pngtempImage84QO6R.pngtempImage9metFM.png

No, Thanks for visiting. If you want to stay and become a member of the forums, head over and post and introduction. If all you needed was that, they are fake.

What makes them fakes, and sorry I do plan on staying around and will in a second
No, Thanks for visiting. If you want to stay and become a member of the forums, head over and post and introduction. If all you needed was that, they are

Because 110 times out of 50 if you have to ask or are questioning the origin of them, they are fake...
its alright I just asked a friend who works at a cigar shop nearby and he looked at it, we cut it open and it was a real RyJ no.3 it was just a beaten up one. he understood my concern but showed me that its real compared to other fakes he's seen. I haven't seen a fake cigar in real life yet so I don't know if I have found something or am just overreacting

I also need a new sharper cutter as mine was a cheap one that's getting really dull so it messes up sometimes
Get an isopropyl alcohol prep pad, or some cotton soaked in AP, and clean off the blades of the cutter. Even cheap cutters can get new life by periodic cleaning. Once a month is a good rule of thumb if you use it a lot.

Get an isopropyl alcohol prep pad, or some cotton soaked in AP, and clean off the blades of the cutter. Even cheap cutters can get new life by periodic cleaning. Once a month is a good rule of thumb if you use it a lot.
Thanks for the info I will have to try it out

While most times when a story starts with.....'my friend bought me some CC in such and such country......' they almost always are fake. With that being said; I don't know anyone who is faking guantanameras or RyJ No.3s. The band looks good from what I can tell. But if you want certainty show us the serial number and microtext along with the factory code and year stamp on the bottom of the box. If you want to go even further you can check for a 'hidden' coat of arms using a UV flashlight.

Hope this has helped.

While most times when a story starts with.....'my friend bought me some CC in such and such country......' they almost always are fake. With that being said; I don't know anyone who is faking guantanameras or RyJ No.3s. The band looks good from what I can tell. But if you want certainty show us the serial number and microtext along with the factory code and year stamp on the bottom of the box. If you want to go even further you can check for a 'hidden' coat of arms using a UV flashlight.

Hope this has helped.
That's not going to keep someone from using real bands and boxes, and using fake cigars... Since @ 95% of all cuban cigars sold in the US are fake, there is a really, really good chance they are... fake

Since @ 95% of all cuban cigars sold in the US are fake, there is a really, really good chance they are... fake
I thought the OP said his buddy bought them while on a trip in Spain? Spain has LONG been a great spot for CCs.
hat's not going to keep someone from using real bands and boxes, and using fake cigars
Yes, ultimately the source is what it all comes down to. The fakes these days are SOOOOO damn good that often times there is no discernible difference. It's just the unfortunate reality we live in.
In regards to your 'real band/boxes on fake cigars' I think that too is becoming more and more of a problem. Just recently one of the LCDHs in MX was called into question as a photo surfaced of a bunch of legit Cohiba bands were laying around a bunch of custom rolls and boxes in various states of preparedness. It sure did look like they were using their house rolled cigars and slapping cohiba bands on them and putting them in boxes to sell.