• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARs, AKs, etc.

khari

I recently got into assault rifles and have completely jumped into the deep end. I recently picked up a Saiga 12 and .410 and a FN PS90, and I'm waiting on a Barrett Rec 7. I was just looking at Saiga-12.com and noticed Swissy was a member there and got his shotgun configured in a similar fashion to how I want mine done. Any other members here with an assault rifle obsession?

My baby is a 20" Bushmaster A2 with a fluted barrel and an ACOG TA01 on the handle. Also have a 16" Oly Arms top on a Bushmaster bottom, with a decent but no name scope on the handle living in the safe.

Been thinking about selling the Oly Arms top and getting a Noveske 14.5" with the AAC Blackout suppressor adapter pinned on (to meet the 16" minimum). Then I'd need an AAC M4-2000, wouldn't I...??... :laugh:

Slippery slope, indeed... ;)

stag model 7 6.8spc want to get a 556 upper to shoot paper since the 6.8 is so expensive

stag model 7 6.8spc want to get a 556 upper to shoot paper since the 6.8 is so expensive

What do you think about the 6.8 SPC? I know it has superior ballistics, how is the recoil? How much is ammo?

M1A1 with a custom stock, Ultra National Match Barrel, 9 Power Zeiss, Msgt (Ret) Mike Ginger prepped trigger mech. (Mike was the armorer for the USMC Rifle and Pistol team years ago). Might not be too good on the assault but I'll knock your hat off up to about 1,000 yards.

Not telling, but Ray's M1A1 sounds nice....Also baffled that they let Pete have something that shoots more than water in NY

I have two AR's and just picked up a Benelli Nova 12ga.

I built both AR's.

Consist of:
CMMG Lower
Rock River trigger
Rock River stock and grip
White Oak Upper 20" 1-7 twist

M1A1 with a custom stock, Ultra National Match Barrel, 9 Power Zeiss, Msgt (Ret) Mike Ginger prepped trigger mech. (Mike was the armorer for the USMC Rifle and Pistol team years ago). Might not be too good on the assault but I'll knock your hat off up to about 1,000 yards.

I have a USMC armorer "on staff" that does my AR's and 1911 triggers....just saying..... ;)

I've looked seriously at .300 Blackout. Basically a .223 cartridge that's blown out to accept .30 cal bullets. Amazingly silent suppressed with subsonic ammo and still has serious terminal ballistics, even more impressive with supersonic ammo. That or a 'real' .308 in the AR pattern....decisions, decisions.... :whistling:

it's worse than cigars...!!.... :p

Several self built AR's in A2, M4, .22, 6.8, .458, and a 50 BMG bolt upper/ Limited 911 lower. I'm down to one AK and one FAL (L1A1). Wish I still had my M1A1. :(

I'm with BBS, my next build will be a .300 BLK, as a host for a .30 cal suppressor.

How about a sub-section (like the Sports / Food and recipe) for firearms?

Heh LFK is the first name i recognize whenever lurking an ar forum

Several self built AR's in A2, M4, .22, 6.8, .458, and a 50 BMG bolt upper/ Limited 911 lower. I'm down to one AK and one FAL (L1A1). Wish I still had my M1A1. :(

I'm with BBS, my next build will be a .300 BLK, as a host for a .30 cal suppressor.

How about a sub-section (like the Sports / Food and recipe) for firearms?

I agree, I'm in the process of building a .300 blk. Starting September 1st, hunting with a suppressor is legal in texas! Too bad I have been waitin over 6 months for my stamp!

Just read a little on the .300 BLK. It sounds like a good round. I'll have to research some more.

Used to have a beautiful Rock River tactical with an A.R.M.S. rail system, green beam, Comp M4 and Surefire millinium light. Then my now ex- sold it (along with all my other guns) while I was in Iraq claiming I had PTSD and I might be dangerous. It was all a lie. Loved that rifle though. Really can't go wrong with Rock River.

Have built/worked on quite a few AR's in my time as well, but civilian AR-15's and USMC issue rifles (M4 and M16). Also worked on my fair share of 1911's and Glocks. Love both, carry both.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:9703]

This was my pig for awhile, has dropped all the optics and M203 lately. Its more of a duty weapon now and iron sights are much faster for me.

What do you think about the 6.8 SPC? I know it has superior ballistics, how is the recoil? How much is ammo?

I like my 6.8 and the recoil doesnt feel that much different from the stag 556 my boy owns. the ammo is a lil expensive around me if i can find it, it's 21-25 per 20. if i order online in bulk it can come down a little but not that much. from what i can read online most guys reload or build themselves to try to bring the cost down to .80-.90 cents a round

Just started into the AR world as well. I have a RRA 5.56, Flattop, 16" barrell, 2 stage trigger, no name decent 3 X 9 scope, with folding rear backup iron sight.

The optic for my PS90 arrived today. Aimpoint Comp C3 with rubber shell and flip up lens covers. That thing is sweet! I can't wait to try it out.