• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Torpedo

jfields

Where did all my money go?
The April 2007 CA magazine just came in the mail the other day. I noticed in the Figurados rating page that they gave this cigar a 93 rating in the blind test.
Anyone out there care to elaborate? Would those that have tried these agree with this rating?
I have been wanting to try the VSG line for quite some time now to see if I like these. They always seem to escape me. I was hoping to pick some up while in NYC last week but, no go. Everyone I went to see was out.

The April 2007 CA magazine just came in the mail the other day. I noticed in the Figurados rating page that they gave this cigar a 93 rating in the blind test.
Anyone out there care to elaborate? Would those that have tried these agree with this rating?
I have been wanting to try the VSG line for quite some time now to see if I like these. They always seem to escape me. I was hoping to pick some up while in NYC last week but, no go. Everyone I went to see was out.

The Torpedo's are pretty decent, but if you have to smoke a fresh one, I usually stick to a smaller size. I find them more flavorful and I think that's a pretty generally accepted opinion. Try out the Illusion, the Tres Mystique, the Corona Gorda or the Belicoso #1. All the VSGs are pretty good fresh, but after a year or two asleep, they smoke like magic.

I think the VSG Torpedo is my favorite smoke. I haven't had one that I didn't enjoy. They are generally sold out as soon as the B&M gets them. When I come across them, I always buy a few.

Ken

The fatbody VSG are ok, but if you want to experience the concentrated profile, go for the Tres Mystique or Illusion. I have not tried the Wizard yet and that is a fat one too.

Wilkey

The fatbody VSG are ok, but if you want to experience the concentrated profile, go for the Tres Mystique or Illusion. I have not tried the Wizard yet and that is a fat one too.

Wilkey

My favorite, so far, is the Sorcerer, much better than the Wizard.

I've only Smoked 3 of these: the Corona Gorda & the Tres Mystique (thanks Wilkey!) and a Belicoso.

The Corona Gorda was my first and it kinda left me wondering what all the VSG-fuss was about. Then I tried the TM, which was AWESOME. On of my favorite small vitolas (probably 2nd only to the PAM Principe.)

The Belicoso was also very tasty and I'd like to pick up a few more of these.

I've got a wizard resting, but it is a monster.

Wilkey

All of the VSG's have a great taste....the thinner ones seem to allow for a better taste profile.

I really enjoy the Tres Mystique, for its size it lasts a long time and is packed full of flavor.

All of the VSG's have a great taste....the thinner ones seem to allow for a better taste profile.

x2 on that. I find the ring gauge makes a big difference in the taste of the VSG's. I like the tres mystique and the illusion most, although I haven't tried the torpedo yet...

Try a Round, you'll be amazed.

You can just find those anywhere too right? :rolleyes:

I agree with most of you guys that I prefer the smaller ones. I have a box of tres mystique at the local calling my name at the moment.

VSG's... :sign:

However, I must concur, the thinner guages do have more flavor than the chubbies.

:whistling: The VSG line is terrible. No flavor and age does not make them any better. So please save yourself and send them all to me for desposal by burning. :laugh:
On a serious not these are very great smokes and worth that rating. A must try. :cool:

:whistling: The VSG line is terrible. No flavor and age does not make them any better. So please save yourself and send them all to me for desposal by burning. :laugh:
On a serious not these are very great smokes and worth that rating. A must try. :cool:

I'm sure you would take great care of the ashes if I were to take you up on that :rolleyes: Must do search......... Do they have something like AA for cigar addicts????

Any cigar in the VSG line is damn good IMHO. I'm not even a huge Ashton fan either!

I've tried the Enchantment and it was very .... bland. No taste, no substance, no texture, nothing. It might have been the way that it was stored at the B&M that I purchased it from. The two others in the box were extremely DRY. I've purchased 3 other sizes in the VSG line from a different B&M that kept them in better shape. I'll try those and see if they are any better. That's the best thing about being a newb is that there is always something new to try!

VSG Illusion is the best of the VSG line...you wanna argue with me??!?!?!?! ;) :laugh:

-Fetter

I'm sure you would take great care of the ashes if I were to take you up on that :rolleyes: Must do search......... Do they have something like AA for cigar addicts????
[/quote]

Yes they do and Im a member

The Wizard is my favorite but I smoked a Torpedo durring the Super Bowl that was unbelievable.........