• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Tres Mystique

OahuGrown

After all the hype , all the reviews, I just knew that I had to get my hands on one, I visited the local b&m and saw that there were some torpedo’s in stock but the price was $16, I just couldn’t come around to pay for that knowing that it was a I’d be paying way more than msrp.
I went home empty handed, then I get into talking with one of our fellow CP members, we exchange pm’s here and there and just out of no where, he decides to blow up my mailbox. Yep, he bombed me. He included just about every kind of cigar I’ve been wanting to try, including the Ashton VSG.

Here it goes..
I don’t usually like smaller sizes because they tend to get really hot at about the half way point and it destroys my taste buds; ruining the experience, but this little sucker got a VIP pass.

Ashton VSG
Tres Mystique 4.375 x 44

The construction was perfect, it felt very firm even when pressed on, but it didn’t give me that “oh no, this cigar is plugged” feeling, which is good. There were very little veins showing, veins so tiny it really didn’t you could just care less about them.

Snipped the cap and took a whiff at the foot and I’m not sure if it was scent of the cigar or just me trying to sniff too hard; but it tickled my nose just enough to make me sneeze. I couldn’t really make anything of it(I‘m still learning) but it smelled damn good.
The pre-light draw was perfect, not too loose and not too tight, I still couldn’t make anything out so I just went a head and lit it up.

Light up was easy and tons of smoke came out just from that start up puff, I took another puff and was greeted with a spicy punch to my mouth, it wasn’t overwhelming but it was strong, I think I tasted a little bit of cedar/wood too.

So the first .25 was underway and the spiciness mellowed out a bit and became very pleasant, and stayed way after the puffs. This thing had me blowing out clouds, I just had to try and blow some through my nose, usually blowing smoke out of my nose would hurt but not this one, it gave my nostrils a kick but it didn’t hurt as I thought it would.
cigars005.jpg

Just about the 2nd .25 I started to wonder if this one was going to burn hot like the rest of the small sized cigars I had. It hasn’t so far, so I’ll keep going.
Light tones of dark earth peeped in and out of the consistent spicy clouds and I think I’m also tasting some coffee.
I decide to blow through my nose again and the smoke makes the insides of my nose go haywire! It also kinda reminded me of this certain smell that I only notice when ever I’m at the dentist.
cigars007-1.jpg

cigars009-1.jpg

By now I’m a little past the half way point, the spiciness just never wants to quit!, I also think I’m experiencing some kind of light buttery toast taste along with that dark coffee/dark earth I thought I was tasting earlier, all that and it stayed smooth, it didn’t even feel hot so I was pretty amazed.
I’d usually toss a cigar this small by now but this one is a stubborn bastard, it doesn’t was to let go of me.
I’m close to the last .25 of this wonderful cigar and I feel the heat creeping up behind ever puff I take, I figured that I’m still enjoying this so I’ll continue on.
cigars013.jpg

cigars016.jpg

By the time I get to the very last .25 point it’s getting too hot to handle, I’ll take a puff and it burns both my finger, my lips and my tongue, I put it down before it ruins my experience.
But not after taking 2 maybe 3 last “goodbye” puffs.
cigars004-1.jpg

cigars017.jpg

check out my lighter that i got for 2bucks!

see the covered boobs? when i light it up the censor goes down :D
cigars006.jpg

torch comes out
cigars008-1.jpg

let go of the button and a regular flame comes out the cover.
cigars011.jpg

thanks for reading!
and Thanks again Atuck!

nice boobies

:cool:

thanks

no comment on my first review? :( im not worthy! :p

That's a hell of a review bro!!! :thumbs:
Also... Thanks for the pics, my simple mind likes 'em!!! :blush:

lol thanks, i know that there are a hand full of vsg reviews so it's hard to find something different to say but still mean the same thing.

as for the pics, yea i know what you mean, it makes the thread so much more enjoyable.
i wasn't going to make a review but i thnk that i owe atuck at least that.
thanks again for reading

Impressive review...and a classic lighter. I've never had the tres mystique before, but I have a few lying in wait on death row. None of the bastiges are getting pardoned now... :0

thanks

no comment on my first review? :( im not worthy! :p

There was a review? All I saw was boobies... :)

haha hmm, i wonder if the store i got the lighter from has more, i might just send a few out :D

Impressive review...and a classic lighter. I've never had the tres mystique before, but I have a few lying in wait on death row. None of the bastiges are getting pardoned now... :0

thanks, i did my best to put my experience into words for others to hear/read.
quite fun, but a bit more work than what i normally do which is just write down what goes on by listing it.

Nice review :thumbs:
I haven't tried the Tres Mystique yet, however I've had a few illusions and I really enjoyed them. From your review it sounds like I need to pick up one of these as well.

That is the coolest damn lighter I have ever seen especially for 2 bucks

Good review on a tasty little cigar.
You did get side tracked though, must
have boobies on your mind :laugh:

Actually, who doesn't have boobies
on their mind? ??? :whistling:

Brian

Nicely done review, Oahu. I read all the ext and will check out the photos when I get into the office where I have broadband. :p

Wilkey

Came back to say...nice hooters. :D

And next time, if you have a little more time to spend, try the Illusion. I think you'll find that at least as satisfying.

Wilkey

Nice review bro. The Tres isn't one of my top 3 VSGs, but they're all great IMO.

Like Wilkey said, give the Illusion a go, it's my favorite. Thanks for the pics.

Pretty good for a 1st review! :thumbs: Glad you liked it.

The higher quality of the cigar the less likely it is to burn hot. IMO. :D

Excellent review! The pictures really make it interesting and add to the experience. I have yet to try the Tres Mystique but love the robusto and Corona Gorda. Thanks again :)

Nice review, these are a good smoke. Give the Enchantment a try.

oh for sure, i'll mosdef come around to trying the other sizes, if i liked this one, i'll probably like the other ones, we'll shall see :D
i just need to find a place to buy them for less than my b&m's are selling.

and thanks for the kind words, i seriously tried hard to not sound stupid or as if i didn't know what i was talking about.

and yes i got side tracked many times! lol i started noticing all the little things i didn't notice while i was in my garage. oh and the boobies? haha yea who doesn't have boobies on the mind? that's would be a crime!

thanks again :D

That is the coolest damn lighter I have ever seen especially for 2 bucks

the gf and i stopped by a novelty shop on the way home one day, she wen't by the womens section and i looked everywhere else, i couldn't find anything i liked so i just started playing with everything in the stores(MINUS THE DILDOS), then i saw the clearance table :D.
walked over and the first thing i see are these lighters, i started clickin em but no fuel, some were broken, some were scuffed and some didn't have batteries, then i found this one, i wanted bad but was afraid of the cost. i couldn't find a price on the table to i turned the lighter over and i see $2.00, holy crap it's mine!

i need to go see if there are more left, i might be able to send some over.

Very nice review -- the pics are very nice as well. Keep 'em coming! :thumbs: