• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Awesom Filet Mignon Dinner

Scottw

It's my 3rd anniversary on Wednesday but I will be out of town. My wife and I were talking about somewhere to go to eat but the place we were talking about was closed. She said "why don't you cook me a gourmet meal at home?" I love to cook, in fact, anyone who knows me will tell you that if I could support my family by cooking, I would quit my job tomorrow and throw on my chef's hat. Anyway I was thinking about a surf and turf kinda thing with some earthy wild mushrooms as I have a case of cabernet that has been sitting for a bit and I wanted to crack open a bottle. So I went to Shop Rite and grabbed 2 8 ounce Australian Filet Mignons and they had whole lobster on sale for $4.99 per pound. I grabbed a 1 1/2 pounder and grabbed an ounce of dried porcini mushrooms and went home. After a bit of thought, I started cooking. Poured a glass of wine and got into it. The end result was:

Grilled filet mignon over a herbed boursin (cheese), lobster and porcini mashed potato cake with yellow and green squash "ribbons" on top with a Porcini, rosemary Cabernet reduction. It was GOOOOOOOOD. Topped it off with a 1999 Michel Schlumberger Cabernet Sauvignon. Yum! Might end tonight with a Padron 40th anni Maduro.

I cannot figure out how to post the picture so theres something lacking in this post.

Try this one guys, you will love it.

That sure sounds good. I upload my pics to photobucket then copy the IMG code on here.

Sounds too good to me. I'm buying my plane ticket tomorrow and you can practice on me. :sign:

That does sound good but is way above my culinary skills. Something simple that I do from time to time with a steak or fillet is place it on a bed of sauteed spinach. I saute the spinach in minced garlic and olive oil. I will also place some raw spinach directly under the steak. I dined in a restaurant many years ago where they used this presentation and at first I thought it was strange but it works really well.

That does sound good but is way above my culinary skills. Something simple that I do from time to time with a steak or fillet is place it on a bed of sauteed spinach. I saute the spinach in minced garlic and olive oil. I will also place some raw spinach directly under the steak. I dined in a restaurant many years ago where they used this presentation and at first I thought it was strange but it works really well.
It'a easier than you think.If you know that raw spinach will wilt and cook under the temp. of something cooked placed on top of it, you know something about cooking. The prep is what took the time but if you can make steak and potatoes, you can make this, I promise.

Pugman, any time you are in Northern NJ, dinner is on me!