• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bärenjäger German Honey Liqueur

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Went over to visit my buddy last night for smokes and drinks, and after my flask of Balvenie ran out, he broke out a bottle of this stuff.

This is what Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey should taste like. From what I read, it's a vodka based honey liqueur. It's very sweet, but not so much that you are overwhelmed. It washes over the tongue nicely, and has a huge amount of raw honey flavor that makes it a smooth, dangerous dram. This stuff would be killer in a mug of hot green tea!

We spike our mead horns with it in heathen circles. :whistling:

The "Scotch Bear" recipe in the little bottleneck brochure is quite good, btw. I use a shot of Barenjager and a shot of Johnny Walker Red Label, which seems to hold up better to the sweetness than JWB. Bit like a Rusty Nail.

~Boar

Love the stuff. First had it about 20 years ago and still think its the best honey liqueur out there. Spiking or sipping, it great all around.

Yeah, I could definitely see this stuff being great for spikIng. Not a bad price at Total Wine, $27ish.

This is a staple in my liquor cabinet. I absolutely love it.

Sounds like a nice liqueur. I will have to pick up a bottle during my next BevMo trip.

I have a bottle untouched. Guess I better check it out and try the spike.

Maybe I am in the minority on this stuff but I do not like it at all....

Since I have not tried it, I might be in the same boat as you. I figure I might as well try it, it's not real expensive, and it sounds like the wife will like it if I don't.

I dont eve know what this is ! (suprisingly! )

Looks nice