• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B&M in Oahu

Nihon_Ni

真喜志友幸
Does anyone know of a good B&M in Oahu? I'll mainly be in the Waikiki & Pearl City area, but will be on the north shore a little. I'll be there this weekend and want to do a little browsing.

Cigar Cigar isn't bad, but selection wise, I recommend R Fields Wine which is actually located inside of the Foodland (grocery store) in Honolulu (on Beretania St.). They have a good selection and if you buy a whole box it's 25% off.
Also, time permits and you're up to it, I'm sure we could gather an impromptu herf.

You should check out Tamuras they always have a descent selection and there's one near the pearl city area and island cigar and liquors is also close by although I think they are overpriced for what they have but it is Hawaii. Are there any good cigar shops in Okinawa?

Both of those stores mentioned R. Field Wine Company and Tamura's Wine sell good cigars, but you'll have to find another place to smoke your stogies as they don't allow smoking inside. Stupid smoking laws in Hawaii :angry:

Also, check out Tobaccos Of Hawaii on Atkinson Street (between the Hawaii Convention Center and Ala Moana Shopping Center), decent selection.

The good thing, you can smoke in the parks, anywhere outside as long as its 20' from a doorway or window, and the beaches! We have high surf advisories going on right now and the North Shore is pumping with 6-8' waves (we measure wave height from the back of the wave, not the face. Means those can snap your board in half) so grab a smoke and watch the surfers and the bikini/ g-string clad chicks on the beach. NOTE- do not leave anything visible in your rental car or you might suffer a "smash and grab" break-in.

I might be able to do a Saturday herf. Been meaning to hook up with Mike again.

+1 for Tobaccos Of Hawaii, the store is about a 2 minute drive from Waikiki.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Also, time permits and you're up to it, I'm sure we could gather an impromptu herf.

I'd love to get together with everyone if we can find a time & place to get together. I'm flying all day and all night Saturday, yet arriving Saturday morning thanks to the wonder of United Airline's time travel machine. Given the 19 hr time zone change, I'm thinking I'll probably be less than energetic by the time Saturday night rolls around. I will be there for about 10 days, so maybe later in the week would be a better option. Maybe Thursday night?

Are there any good cigar shops in Okinawa?

No good local shops that I have found yet. I did find a shop that sells overpriced ISOMs in a makeshift humidor that doesn't quite seal. Fortunately it's pretty humid here, but I didn't feel the cigars to see if this method worked. (I suppose that as long as they leave the airconditioner off they'd be okay.) That combined with the exchange rate that's dropped nearly in half since I've lived here have all but eliminated my search for local sticks.

The good thing, you can smoke in the parks, anywhere outside as long as its 20' from a doorway or window, and the beaches! We have high surf advisories going on right now and the North Shore is pumping with 6-8' waves (we measure wave height from the back of the wave, not the face. Means those can snap your board in half) so grab a smoke and watch the surfers and the bikini/ g-string clad chicks on the beach. NOTE- do not leave anything visible in your rental car or you might suffer a "smash and grab" break-in.

Thanks for the tips!

I've packed my cigar caddy and I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Tokyo then on to Honolulu! I hope we can all get together while I'm in Hawaii.

I still have a few more days here if anyone would like to get together.

There is also South Pacific Pipes and Cigars on Ward Ave. Their selection varies but the prices are fair and you can smoke. The regulars and employees are friendly so feel free to grab a smoke, introduce yourself, and join the conversation.