• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back Surgery

tasman

Just another Squirrel
I found out yesterday that I have to have back surgery on 1 Oct. I have never had any kind of surgery let a lone on my back. The worse part of it all is that he said I cannot smoke any cigars for 3 months WTF. Looks like I need to plan for some premium cigars for this week.

They talked about pins, caging and fusion
ohmy.gif
but I will not get the details until 30 Sep.
Don't know how much I will be on CP during this but we will see!

Wish me luck..................................with the cigars
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Good luck, Dean! I've had two surgeries on my lower back, but so far I've been able to avoid the fusion and internal jewelry. I don't know what the cigars have to do with anything, but I suppose it has something to do with circulation and healing.

I'll pray for ya, buddy. :)

Good luck brother. Dopn't worry about it too much. You will be back puffin away in no time!!

Whoa, best of luck with the upcoming operation. Enjoy yourself until then.

All My Best- Mark

Best of luck and please try to post while you're convalescing, I like getting lost in your avatar.

Hope everything goes well. Keep you in my prayers. On the bright side that is 3 months of prime ageing on you sticks ;)

Best to ya' Dean.

We'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I feel bad for you, not having cigars and all for 3 months....oh, and the surgery sucks too :D Seriously though, I hope all goes well and you're burnin' the stogies again soon. Keep us posted.

Best of luck on your operation.

Dean...good luck to you on the operation. Back issues are a killer...I've been dealing with it on and off since college. Been hospitalized a few times becasue of it, but have thus far been able to avoid surgery. My doc tells me it is only a matter of time though. Take care of yourself man...and here's hoping for a speedy recovery. 3 months without a cigar will probably be tough, but you'll manage. In the meantime...smoke up.

That's one order I don't think I'd follow to a "T". :whistling:

Sorry to hear this!

Please do yourself and get a second opinion.

Well, it's more important that take care of what's necessary.

So 3 months of no-cigars just means your stash will have 3 months of additional age before they can be enjoyed ;)

Good luck with the operation brother

For someone like you who is in good shape and not carrying lots of extra weight, recovery should be a walk in the park. Like Anthony said, get a second set of eyes on it. Get it done while the Army is footing the bill, but I would think long and hard about having the Army do the cutting. Two choices for surgeons, Orthopedic (bone Docs) or neuroligists (Nervous system docs). Lower back, I would be looking for a bone doc. Above all else, the only way back is PT.

Hey Dean sorry to hear this, but as I remember you were in some serious pain back at last herf we saw you at. Get a second opinion, and if surgery is still the choice for you being down for 3 months for a better rest of your life seems worth it. Looking for a bright side to this...you will be ready to smoke in plenty of time for Padron event in KC next year :)

Take Care

Joe G

Joe G has a good point, Dean. Meanwhile, I wish you the best of luck. And when you start smoking again, not only will you appreciate the sticks more, but they'll taste even better! Good luck to you, bro!

Good Luck with the surgery and recovery Dean.

I don't know what effect smoking has on the healing process but I have a customer who had back surgery and smoked while recovering. He just went back to have the surgery done again because the first one was not 100 % successful and the doc told him to lay off the smokes as that was what caused the first surgery to be unsuccessful.

SO FWIW - I'd listen to the doc.