• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
So, after having a few Bacon Explosions under my belt... I started to have that craving again. When I came home yesterday from the market with 2 packages of bacon, my ole' lady knew something was up and simply asked "whatever your doing, can you make some without all that bacon?" :laugh: My response - "Sure P*$$y !" What happened next was magical...

1. First I laid out 5 bacon strips. Three vertical,
and two horizontal......
gallery_13416_1483_24473.jpg

2. Place a piece of chicken (thin sliced breast) onto the bacon and
and a hearty tbspn. of cream cheese to the top. Add some salt & pep
gallery_13416_1483_2667.jpg

3. I chopped up fresh jalapeno for a little heat,
(emoshun- you may want to use habanero :whistling: ) 4. Take the horizontal pieces of bacon and fold in...
and added shredded cheese...
gallery_13416_1483_21701.jpg
gallery_13416_1483_19607.jpg

5. Finish wrapping with the bacon. I find it easier
to take the top pieces and fold down. Then take
each bottom piece,pull a little first, and drape over
leaving enough to tuck under on the other side...
gallery_13416_1483_9649.jpg

6. Once wrapped completely, I seasoned mine with salt,pepper,and some dry rub.Place a large piece of foil into a baking pan...this will help save your pan from potential cheese burning to it, etc...
Place wrapped chicken pieces into the pan and bake in the oven on 400 degrees for 40-45 mins. Make sure to flip the chicken over half way through (~20 mins in) to cook on both sides. I give mine a final flip in the last 5 mins to it's original side and brush it with some BBQ, then bake at 500 degrees to finish. This helps crisp up the bacon and caramelize the BBQ just before pulling it out. Let sit for ~5 mins before serving. Enjoy.... ;)

gallery_13416_1483_42584.jpg
gallery_13416_1483_1130.jpg

Nice job! I'm going to have to give it a go, maybe as a sandwich with a good dose of slaw!

Anything with bacon! :thumbs:

I once covered my girlfriend with bacon but the whiner complained about the second degree burns. :angry:

Gave a new meaning to "Makin' Bacon".

I made this tonight with a couple slight variations, because I didn't have all the ingredients. I swapped the cream cheese with extra sharp cheddar, put some oregano, parsley and garlic powder on and a dash of lemon juice. I skipped the jalapeño & dry rub. I followed the instructions for the rest.

It was absolutely delicious.

Thanks for sharing.

Will

I forgot to thank you for sharing the great recipe. I have tried bacon-wrapped chicken but your method was delicious.

Thank You!

That looks damn good! I will have to try that soon, maybe tomorrow night...

This is awesome, I think I am going to make these up Saturday and Smoke them for 4-5 hours. I can't wait to try it.

No need to thank me guys.... It's a pleasure to share this with you!
It flatters me to think that fellow brothers here are giving it ago or even the simple fact that they think it looks good.
Im glad this thread is going to good use. Enjoy S/BOTL ! :thumbs:

~Austen

Oh my golly gosh, this looks incredible!! I've smoked some Fatties (yeah I know, LOL) before with the bacon wrap, but I hadn't thought of doing Chicken. This has become a MUST-DO! Sure, it makes my heart beat funny too just looking at all that bacon, but I'll do mine with low cholesterol bacon, and it'll all be good. :)

Thanks for a most excellent idea!!

Honey.....guess what's for dinner!...............................

Marinating chicken in sweet and sour... Bought cream cheese, cheese, yellow peppers, onions, and bacon.. Tomorrow I'll build and smoke. Pics to follow if it works

No need to thank me guys.... It's a pleasure to share this with you!

Well it was my pleasure to eat one of these today. I made it my own which I am sure is what you would want. I marinated the chicken in Sweet and Sour, and I added Yellow Bell Pepper and onions. Now that its all said and done, I wouldn't marinate it again because I didn't really get the flavor, and I think next time instead of the cream cheese I am going to try Pineapple slices. Oh, I also smoked it at 225 for 3 hours instead of the oven. I didn't use the BBQ at the end either, but it if I do this in the Oven next time I will for sure. I used more bacon to get it sealed better, but when I served it I removed the top bacon so you only got the bacon from underneath which was great, otherwise it was to much bacon. Pictures below.
smoker.1.jpg

smoker.2.jpg
smoker.3.jpg

smoker.4.jpg

smoker.5.jpg

smoker.6.jpg