• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BEER

EdGar

SUPERIOR MEMBER
I know this subject has been used but I am on a quest to find (to me) the best beer,  I pose this question:  What is you favorite and why?
I like a darker stout that is not too bitter.  I know homebrew is the best but that is not an option.  Some people are not cut out to make their own. :)

Hi Ed,

I've been going to this Ale Restaurant near my house lately. It's a really great place. Good food, lots of beer, and outside seating (for us smokers). I've tried two new beers there.

One is Sierra Nevada Summer, and the other is Boddington's Cream. Sierra Nevada is a nice smooth beer, mellow tasting. Has a great taste.

Boddington's is a very creamy beer with alot of head. It's very creamy, and gives me a good buzz.

I highly recommend them both.

My favorite?    COLD!  

LOL.  We've got a place here in Fort Worth, the 'Flying Saucer'  has over 200 different beers.  It's kind of  like cigars, I am also looking for just the right one.  And having a blast doing it!

But to anser your question...mine so far is Killian's Brown Ale, we don't find it in the local stores, gotta head to the bottleshop for this one.

As mentioned above, Guiness on tap. Harp is good also. For the bottled stuff, I usually drink Kirin Ichiban or Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock. Speaking of Gordon Biersch, I love going to their brewpub and drinking the Dunklas (I think that's how it's spelled). :D

Well, since home brew is out, try Deschutes Obsidian Stout or Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout. Both are very good.

Oregon Honey is also a good one. It has a nice wheat/honey flavor. It's only good if it's ICE COLD. Do not attempt to drink it any warmer than Ice Cold.

Guiness is great when you make a black and tan out of it. I like to take the dark guiness, and mix it with the light guiness. One of my favorite's for St. Patricks Day.

Rod :thumbs:

I'll drink anything brewed (micro) in the NW, especially ormdh's porter!  My all time favorite is Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, spendy but delicious! :love:

Good old American Budweiser...or Bud Light. :D

Ah Matt a man after my own heart!:p :thumbs:
Ice cold and open YAHHH!!!!:cool:

The two best beer brewing companies are Paulaner(German) and Samuel Smiths(UK). Every last one of their beers is crafted for those who want flavor from their beer. I prefer Sam Smith over Paulaner as I like English beers just slightly more than German beers. I love Guiness and Harp, but the Guiness company won't make my top 10 list because they only market 2 beers. Sam Adams make honest beers, but a little light in the flavor dept. Unibroue in Canada makes fine beers. I think they have 5-6 different beers. All full flavored beers. Probably a distant 3rd behind the 1st two I mentioned. I have found that Scottish ales have a rich "dark" flavor if you like stouts and heavy ales. McCewans Scottish Ale(the real export) havs a lot of flavor, and a 6 pack will set you on your a$$. I could go on and on about great beers though.

Emo
:sign:

*note to self* check out emodx's beer stash after leaving Matt's Humi.

ROTFLMAO at checking out my stash. My stash is limited to my favorite beer, as the rest don't last in my house very long. The only thing you will find in my beer cooler is Guiness(sometimes a Harp or 2) and Newcaslte. Otherwise the beer I buy that I really really like(ok love) lasts about 24-36 hours.
I also wanted to add that Erdinger makes a fine German beer in a few different styles.

Emo

*nuther note to self* consider moving in next door and fix up a hatch to the back of emodx's fridge like the commercial. Hey, we're outta beer....wrench.

Hey Horse, have you tried the beer store at 121 and Glade Rd for that Killian's Brown Ale, they seem to have bout near anything.

My fave, Red Hook's Double Black Stout, Mmmmm Mmmmm love that coffee extract, and it goes great with a Hoyo 1066

Rod, I'm with ya on the Boddingtons and the black and tan! mmmm mmmm good!

Leebo

I am a newbie to cigars and to "Craft" beers (mostly been a Bud Light man)!! What are some current favorites of you guys and gals?? I am up to try just about anything!! :thumbs:

There are like 3 microbreweries in the town that I live. One of them makes a pumpkin ale every November. I went to get some last year and they had already sold out in like a week.

You can bet I'll be camping at their doorstep on Halloween this year! I love that stuff! It sounds odd, but I like it very much.

ACF84B0.jpg

or

yuengling_eagle.jpg

Yuengling Lager is fantastic - I'm sure all the BOTL from PA will vouch for that! However, be warned, you may experience some SERIOUS gas issues the next day if you have more than a 6-pack!