• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Humidor under $50

Rockin' Republican

Hello, I have just moved and my old humidor dosn't cut it out here in the dry weather. I had a simple urn style humidor with nothing in it. Now my cigars are getting terribly dry and I think i need a new humidor. I'm a college student so the cheaper the better. What should I get? I'm looking to hold 25-50 cigars, no more. Low maintenance is a plus. thanks for the help

A small cooler, an old cigar box, and a glass of 50/50 solution.

Probably do it for under $20 and hold 200 cigars. :D

if you arent worried about trying to impress anyone, the tupperware is probably the best thing going, hands down, if you want to try and snaz up the ole dorm room, try some of the links in the marketplace board

Cooler! It's cheap and it works!! Go visit KMart for some cheap coolers! :D

You might get lucky with your $15 humi but unless you can test the seal of it I'd be a bit cautious. With your 0% humidity in your area it will be a must to have a good seal.

You won't get any better or cheaper than tupperware or an Igloo. Here's a site that shows you how to build an Igloodor.....

How To Build an Igloodor!

check out cigarcigar.com. check there e-mail specials, they have a good 75 - 100 count humidor on sale for $39.00.

DaveWF said:
Cooler
Cooler
Cooler

Trust me on this ;)
this coming from a man who has inventory out the a$$.

hey dave,
shouldn't that read coolers, in your case. ;)
or are you listing how many he should start out with? :p

ok... So i just downloaded the Weatherbug and it say's my relative humidity is 77%! But yet my cigars all seem dry and are frail. What's the deal with that?? and thanks for all the help guys.

Two things....
First, I only have ONE cooler. Of course it is 150qts. After this recent pass, my inventory isn't THAT big anymore. Just better.
Second, Weatherbug can't give you the RH in your house. Only at the nearest weather station. Hope that helps.

Dave ;)

Isn't that the truth! :p I started with a Tupperdor..... and now am trying to find more room in the 2 humidors and the 115 cooler. :0 (Sam's had a real good price on a 150 yesterday, wonder if I can hide it in my closet?)

Wascal

When I read your post, I was under the impression that you had kept your cigars in the urn style humidor without any humidification at all, so purchasing a $15.00 humidor with a humidification device seemed like a much better idea.

Not that there are great, but they are much better than an urn without any moisture... ???

All the best with your Tupperware! :)

I found these little humidifier sticks on Ebay, I'll put one in my old-school urn style and the other in my tupperware. They were only like $2.