Best Las Vegas Local?

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Alright, I know everyone raves about Casa Fuente, but as far as local B&M shops go in Las Vegas, everyone's always said Pheasant is the best.  Unfortunately, it looks like they've closed.  Where are the locals going these days?

mc808

My first choice would be the Cigar Box on Western Ave.  Great selection and very knowledgeable staff. 

Next I would try En Fuego on W Sahara Ave.  Friendly environment and good selection.

Cigar FF

Are these B & M's against tourists? Heading out there next week and looking for a place to light one up.

mc808

Cigar FF said:
Are these B & M's against tourists? Heading out there next week and looking for a place to light one up.
Both of the ones I recommended above are cool with tourists.

Ask for Jason at the Cigar Box. Great guy and extremely knowledgeable.
jsm11 said:
I'm a huge fan of Caveman Cigars in Henderson...
Man Cave Cigar Lounge?

jsm11

Secret Squirrel
mc808 said:
Both of the ones I recommended above are cool with tourists.
Ask for Jason at the Cigar Box. Great guy and extremely knowledgeable.
jsm11 said:
I'm a huge fan of Caveman Cigars in Henderson...
Man Cave Cigar Lounge?
Yes....lol 5 hanks for the correction

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
Thread bump now that I've lived here for almost three and a half years. Marvin's suggestions were spot on. Here are my thoughts:

Cigar Box (4046 Dean Martin Dr): It's owned by Michael Frey, the same guy who owns Casa Fuente. The selection is great, the lounge is beautiful, and it's fairly centrally located, convenient to both the strip and the west side. The hours aren't great for Vegas, but if you're wanting a cigar while they're open, this is where I'd go. Scott and the staff there are excellent.

En Fuego (Vegas--328 W Sahara Ave; Henderson--790 Coronado Center Dr #150): My second choice, with a selection almost as good as Cigar Box. The LV shop is dark, smoky and comfortable. The Henderson location is a bit tidier, and I think the selection is a touch better. Both are great.

Tobacco Leaf (Multiple locations in Summerlin & Henderson; the W. Lake Mead Ave shop is closest to me in the NW): This is our TAA store, so they get the TAA specials. Okay selection, but at the Lake Mead store they insist on putting singles into trays, so wrapper damage and split feet abound. Their customer service is also a bit more spotty than my favorites, and the last time I was in there they ignominiously told me that their "buy 10 get 1 free" promo--which they've offered for years--was done as the dude snatched my punch card away from me and chucked it in the trash. There are better choices in Vegas--I'd seek those out instead.

Man Cave Cigar Lounge (855 Seven Hills Dr #100): I've only been here once, so the sample size is remarkably small. Their selection is good and the lounge looked nice. I'd definitely consider spending some time there if you find yourself down south.

Cigar Warehouse (5012 Arville St #7): Again, small sample size, having visited only twice. This is a relatively new shop with a decent selection, but lots of General/Altadis sticks occupying most of their shelf space. RoMa Craft, Padron, and Oliva make up their more respectable offerings. The lounge seems alright.

Places I haven't hit up yet: La Casa (in Tivoli Village in Summerlin), Helios Cigar Lounge (South Summerlin), and Havana Cigar Lounge (W. Flamingo).