• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best quality currently sold Cubans.

Smokemorestressless

Hello, hope things are well. It's been busy over here, back in cell service for a week.

Hypothetically, and for informational purposes only; if someone were to be in Cuba buying cigars, which of the currently made/ sold are generally regarded as the best quality/ traditional Cuban Cigar taste? Any other favorites?

Thanks,

Who has the best quality in Cuba? Do you have a dart board? Write a name of every CC marca you can think of on little pieces of paper, and then place them randomly around the board. You know what comes next... Cuba is notorious for having some spotty QC, so it's hard to say which regular-run CCs fit the bill. Of course, when it comes to special releases that are more hand selected, you have a much better chance of getting a box of flawless cigars. You also have a much better chance of spending much more money, too. ;) That's not to say that you are buying crap, though, either. Whatever you buy (as long as it is legit -- even in Cuba, believe it or not), you will still be getting good cigars. More recent years have generally been smoking better, overall, than the previous few, though you are almost guaranteed to get a stick or three that is rolled too tight or looks a little bit like Hayden's neighbors. I am far from an expert, though, so Bill or John or one of the others who has been in the CC game much longer than I might rightfully contradict me.

Pick anything from Habanos S.A. and enjoy. I am personally a big fan of H. Upmann, Juan Lopez, and Bolivar. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them, though. What type of profile do you most enjoy in a cigar?

Who has the best quality in Cuba? Do you have a dart board? Write a name of every CC marca you can think of on little pieces of paper, and then place them randomly around the board. You know what comes next... Cuba is notorious for having some spotty QC, so it's hard to say which regular-run CCs fit the bill. Of course, when it comes to special releases that are more hand selected, you have a much better chance of getting a box of flawless cigars. You also have a much better chance of spending much more money, too. ;) That's not to say that you are buying crap, though, either. Whatever you buy (as long as it is legit -- even in Cuba, believe it or not), you will still be getting good cigars. More recent years have generally been smoking better, overall, than the previous few, though you are almost guaranteed to get a stick or three that is rolled too tight or looks a little bit like Hayden's neighbors. I am far from an expert, though, so Bill or John or one of the others who has been in the CC game much longer than I might rightfully contradict me.

Pick anything from Habanos S.A. and enjoy. I am personally a big fan of H. Upmann, Juan Lopez, and Bolivar. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them, though. What type of profile do you most enjoy in a cigar?
Thanks for that reply. Makes sense about best qc on limited releases, etc...

Last time I was there I wasn't this into cigars, so I got a couple boxes and some samplers. A picture is attached of the sampler, I still haven't smoked it yet.

I am working in the Bahamas for 4 more months, so any purchases I make would be 100% legal, as I could fly back to Bahamas with them legally.

What profile do I like..... I am finding that as long as a cigar burns well and doesn't have construction issues it is hard to find one I don't enjoy. I have enjoyed flavors all over the board from padron 1964, graycliff grand cru, casa cuba flor fina, to Romeo Julieta 1875 Nicaragua. Profiles I seem to enjoy the most include leather, sweet, earth, animal, wood, toasted. As soon as I find a new favorite and smoke 3 or 4 of them to dial in what I like and to enjoy it, I start trying new smokes until I find another I love, then do the same with that. I was about to sit down and watch MotoGP at COTA, but now I want a cigar first. The recording can wait, Off I go! Met a couple smoking cigars on the beach last week and he gave me an Alec Bradley Black Market Esteli. I kept it at 68 for a few days, and now at 62% for 5 days. Should be prime to try.

So now that I'm back from being off topic, I was asking in order to make the most of my trip. Would hate to go and miss an opportunity. I have really only smoked a few Cuban brands. It would be awesome to get a box of the 10 or so major brands, and try a couple of each, but that isn't in my budget. Screenshot_20220410-142642_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I smoke the PSD5 like they are going out of style! Between the Montecristo Petit Edmundo and the PSD5 it's a toss up.
I’m going to have to put those petit Edmundo on my radar now thanks to Anthony. “Where did all my money go”indeed! 😂

It’s always best to buy from the guys on the corners. Their sister has a boyfriend, who was roommates with a guy, who had a sister and her uncle knew a one eyed guy that was the janitor at a bar, where one of the rollers from the Cohiba factory slept with the manager, who was also letting the night security guard, take handfuls of cigars home at night.

It’s always best to buy from the guys on the corners. Their sister has a boyfriend, who was roommates with a guy, who had a sister and her uncle knew a one eyed guy that was the janitor at a bar, where one of the rollers from the Cohiba factory slept with the manager, who was also letting the night security guard, take handfuls of cigars home at night.
Lol. I'm sure to buy at the real stores for most of them. Receipt attached. I wish I was as into cigars when I was there as I am now. Excited for another trip hopefully.

A friend of a friend in Cuba said he knew someone who rolls quality cigars in the same size, and shape as behike, but they aren't real Behike. I bought a bunch of those at $9.00 a pop. 52, 54, and 56. I really enjoy the way they smoke, hay, honey, and lots of other profiles. I'll dig some out and write a review. They burn razor sharp. This was all back when it was legal in the last administration. No laws were broken, and the only thing harmed was tobacco leaf as it alowly smoldered. 20220407_192438.jpg20210801_163854.jpg20210801_163833.jpg20220228_210450.jpg

"Farm smokes" from the island south of Miami are a mixed bag. Some are surprisingly good, while some are full of things found on the floor when sweeping. Think dirt and rat s#!t. And there's no way to tell, looking at the outside......

"Farm smokes" from the island south of Miami are a mixed bag. Some are surprisingly good, while some are full of things found on the floor when sweeping. Think dirt and rat s#!t. And there's no way to tell, looking at the outside......
I cut a few open in front of him in Cuba. He warned me some are like that. I guess i got lucky?

Adam, one of these seasons you’re over there, Michelle and I are gonna hafta come visit. We’d love to fish with ya, and hell, maybe smoke a few.

Be careful who ya buy from. If ya like em, who cares.

Floyd T

I’ve heard if you gently tap the foot of the cigar on a hard surface, dust/tobacco bits will fall out if it’s floor sweeping. If it’s long filler, nothing should fall out. I can’t say I’ve ever had to try it myself though.