• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Libertador 2013

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Bolivar Libertador 2013
6 ½ x 50

Okay, the weather has gotten crazy again with it getting down to right at forty eight degrees last night.  I had to pull out some warmer clothes this morning to go out for a smoke.  The wife and I had actually planned to go camping, which I wish we would have as this is perfect camping weather.  

Got my coffee fixed and headed out back, right as the sun was coming up over the tree line.   A beautiful, cool morning, which I should've got up and took off to the lake for some fishing as this would've been a good morning for it.  The birds are singing in every direction, as if they're all having a conversation with one another.   Tinker as usual is sleeping soundly in my chair, so I have to sit where Casey usually sits, which feels kind of weird as I'm so used to sitting in my chair.

I get up and walk over to the side yard for sunlight as the back is still shrouded in shade.  I've very much been looking forward to putting fire to this Bolivar Libertador 2013, another fine specimen received from Bill (CigSid).  The wrapper is a medium brown in color and smooth with the exception of the one large vein running the length and tiny hairs all over.  It has a perfect weight, is very firm and shows good bunching in the foot.  As I run the cigar under my nose, the smell is that if barnyard and a slight sourness with the foot smelling of sweet raisin.  After punching the rather thick cap, I find the draw to be a smidgen on the tight side; however it may be perfect for a Boli.  Taste in the cold draw is herbal, like basil and thyme mixed.  Interesting.   

I toast the foot with my old Perdomo table top torch I've had for years, usually I'll start in the middle and make slow circular motions out, but this thing pretty much covers the entire foot at once.  As the tobacco begins smoldering, I get whiffs of the smoke in my nostrils and it smells amazing.  With the foot a glowing I take a few puffs and a huge plume of white smoke flows through that has a very light mouth feel.  I take a slow, long draw and let it flow from both mouth and nose.  There's a mild to almost medium peppering in the nostrils, perfect.  The body and strength are both right along the same lines of a mild to medium at the start, but I expect this to bump up further in.  That slightly tight draw is working really well in my opinion as there's more than enough deliciously rich smoke coming through. It's sweet and creamy on the palate with tastes of rich cocoa, dark earth, cedar wood and a hint of ginger bread.  This is one fantastic smoke!

There was a crack in the foot that was right at an inch in length, so I pushed the LCDH band down over it to hopefully keep it from getting worse, which worked really well.  The burn is even, and I can see some tiny bits of tooth in the dark gray ash forming. Smoke continues to flow well leaving a lasting finish after exhaling.  

I smoke through the midway point and just as I expected, both body and strength kick up a notch to a good medium, not quite full.  Everything else is consistent with the draw just right and rich, delicious flavors.  As I get into the final third, it started giving me some trouble as far as staying lit.  I’d puff several times; however hardly any smoke would come through, which made for not such a good taste.  I did a couple of re-lights, but there was obviously a good size tunnel in there, and so I let it rest in the ashtray. 

I can say without a doubt I am a Boliwhore, and this was a downright fantastic Boli!  Again, many thanks Bill for the opportunity to smoke this excellent stick.  I will say it was one of the longest smokes I’ve had in a while now, it just burned so slow, but produced tons of delicious flavors.  Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Lake Pictures!

Huge Moon!

Great review and great pictures!!

You can thank Kris for this smoke, he sent me a few and I liked them so much I had to get few boxes...

This is a Boli I've nervous had. I hope to try one soon. Thanks for the review Greg.

Pontoon boat fun!