• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolt Cutter by Founders

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Bolt Cutter Barley Wine Ale
15th Anniversary Ale ~ 2012

gallery_13257_1558_83448.jpg

Brewed by: Founders Brewery Company in Grand Rapids, MI
Style: American Barley wine Ale
ABV: 15%
Availability:[font=comic sans ms'] Limited one time release[/font]​
Bottle: 25.4 oz
Temp: 48F

gallery_13257_1558_1309434.jpg

Pour: Thick beautiful amber orange with carbonation bubbles to form a slight head at the top of the glass.

Smell: Sweet but somewhat strong alcohol vapor scent.

Taste: Strong alcohol tingle on the tip of your tongue with an almost boozy sensation. The alcohol tingle gives way to a thick sweet flavor with slight hints of caramel. The sweet caramel lingers for a bit with a slight vanilla flavor but then gives way to a slight hoppy bitter sensation on the back of the tongue. The beer stays very consistent through the entire 25 oz and it is without a doubt 15%. The alcohol content left me pretty foggy at the finish of the brew.

Cheers,
Paul

Overly expensive, IMHO.

It really took at least 1/2 of a pint for it to grow on me. I think you really have to have an affinity for barleywine to appreciate it.

Will, I like Barleywines. Wish I could find some of this.

Edited, for spelling.

It was challenging to get enough people to split 1 case. I actually split my bomber with another guy.

You didn't post here. I doubt you would of had a hard time unloading it.

I'm not active enough to trade, and besides, I don't ship beer. I had one bad shipment, and that was enough for me.

I love this. I had it at on tap at FoBAB (Festival of Barrel Aged Beers) and it hooked me.

Nice review Paul.  Never had a Founder's beer I didn't love, though I've never tried this one.

Tried it at my last trip through Grand Rapids.  It was an interesting beer.  I have not had many barleywines.

I really love this stuff.  Wish I could buy a case!