• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL....neighbor

H311oLHD

Hey all,

Sorry I've been a bit of a stranger lately, but life has been busy!  Anywho, I recently moved into a new house (like 10 months ago...so I guess not that recent) and my neighbor 3 houses down is always sitting on a lawn chair outside the front of his house, enjoying a cigar.  I have no idea who he is really, and have never spoken to him.  Today I got the idea of surprise bombing him.  Problem is, he's about 70-80 years old, and I'm not sure if he would appreciate or be extremely weirded out if I put some cigars in his mailbox with a note....

What do you guys think? 

I dunno.  Sounds like a nice idea.  Next time you see him you could just ask him if he would mind if you join him, as you are a cigar smoker yourself.  If he says yes, bring a couple sticks for him.  Seems like a nice way to introduce yourself to your neighbor.

The Black Cloud said:
I dunno.  Sounds like a nice idea.  Next time you see him you could just ask him if he would mind if you join him, as you are a cigar smoker yourself.  If he says yes, bring a couple sticks for him.  Seems like a nice way to introduce yourself to your neighbor.
This.  If he says no, then no harm done.  If he says yes, then you've got a new herf buddy.

I dunno...dropping a few cigars in his mailbox might make his day. Everyone likes a surprise now and then.

I recently inspected a home for a client and I noticed that the seller was a retired Marine who had been to Iraq etc. I also noticed he seemed to enjoy cigars with a small glass top humidor full of Fuente and other cigars.

A couple of days later I had to go back to pick up a radon monitor at his house, as we had tested for radon levels. It was on a Saturday so I decided to throw together a nice Fuente Bomb. When I pulled up to the house he and his buddies were in the garage packing things up for the move. I felt awkward not knowing the guy, but I handed him the bomb anyways. It really made his day, and we hit off with a really nice conversation about the Marine Corps etc. I walked away feeling really great....

I've made friendships from sitting in a lounge chair in my driveway smoking cigars. Can't hurt to ask if he wouldn't mind some company. I'm willing to bet you'd both be the better for your asking.

Nothing better than sitting smoking a cigar, listening to that generation tell stories.

One thing I would suggest with a gentleman of his age, don't bring him what we would consider everyday cigars....Tats, Fuentes, Padrons, etc. Most guys his age smoke a milder, pedestrian cigar. Regular White Owls, Optimos, Te-Amo...cigars like that. Most times the stuff we smoke will be too strong for him.