• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bottle Opener vs the Cigar Cutter

Which is more important to carry?

• Cigar Cutter

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Bottle Opener

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
I don't want to feel like I am the only person here. But I have a friendly dispute with some members regarding which is more important to carry, a bottle opener or a cigar cutter. I always carry a cigar cutter, but not a bottle opener. Most of this has to do with the fact that people are more likely to have a bottle opener when needed vs. a cigar cutter. Also, what it comes down to is, i carry to much junk as it is, wallet, sunglasses, Keys, Lighter, etc I do not need another thing to carry, especially when the odds are someone else will have a bottle opener for you. Thoughts?

David

I carry a cigar cutter :thumbs: I don't drink beer much so I don't need the bottle opener. ;)

I don't carry either on a daily basis. My trusty CRKT folder is always with me, but I try to travel light.

I have both in the car, in case of emergency / opportunity, though.....:p

I always have my keys with me, so I always have this.

e61dc676.jpg

Not very intrusive, and it's unique. Fits nice in the pocket too.

50f534df.jpg

Prophylactic!

Did I win?

Expired ones don't count.

This is why I carry a Wenger SAK, with stainless steel scales of course. Cigar cutter, superior to most, bottle opener, can opener, and scissors among other things.

Doc.

I refuse to answer this question on account of not wanting one of my vices to be a lower priority. In a pinch, both tools can be replaced. Though I have a much harder time opening a bottle of beer without a church key than I do biting the tip of my cigar.

A lighter is more important!

One with a punch/cutter will handle both needs...and get you lit!!!! ;)

I usually carry a cigar cutter, but I always carry a bottle opener. I don't get the shakes if I can't smoke a cigar.

I have a bottle opener from The Bruery on my keychain. I have a knife if I want a cigar cut in a pinch, courtesy of The Outlaw!

I was just thinking, if you can't open a bottle of beer without a bottle opener your education was severely lacking.

Doc.

I have a bottle opener from The Bruery on my keychain. I have a knife if I want a cigar cut in a pinch, courtesy of The Outlaw!

You can technically open the bottle with the blunt end of the knife and a little bit of thumb strength. :thumbs:

I was just thinking, if you can't open a bottle of beer without a bottle opener your education was severely lacking.

Doc.

laugh.gif
If I need to open a bottle of beer, I either use a lighter, or find the nearest rusty metal counter or wood, pops right off. But I am not that guy who uses his teeth to open bottles. However sometimes I will twist to open.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROpzdk8v3D4EDnoG2YgHaojUmIle9F4-lYazI7F2n_UNMjjyVaow&t=1

Photo above makes me think of Clint (moeCizlak)
whistling.gif

You can technically open the bottle with the blunt end of the knife and a little bit of thumb strength. :thumbs:

I actually do that, and it's a fun party trick.

I carry cigar cutter and pocket knife at all times. The pocket knife can cut the cap on any cigar and open any bottle cap. :thumbs:

Bottle opener =

1. Any type of 90 degree hard edge.
2. Just put the edge of the cap on 90.
3. Tilt slightly and hit the cap firmly with the flat of your hand.
4. Enjoy your open beverage.

Bottle opener =

1.The spine of any knife.
2. Place hand around top of bottle with cap showing above hand.
3. Place spine of knife under rim of cap.
4. Using your hand, push against knife and cap.
5. Pop cap off bottle buy twisting knife blade down.
6. Careful... Don't cut your hand. :0

Doc.

I blame it on the teachers. Didn't teach me to McGuyver a bottle open and didn't get fondled by the bored hottie teacher with the workaholic husband.

I actually prefer the cap on another bottle to open the first bottle. Just flip the 2nd bottle upside down and use the leveraged grip pry and you’re good to go. Only thing is that last bottle’s gonna have to wait.

I actually prefer the cap on another bottle to open the first bottle. Just flip the 2nd bottle upside down and use the leveraged grip pry and you’re good to go. Only thing is that last bottle’s gonna have to wait.

I saw someone do this once. I tried to imitate them and I ended up opening the top bottle instead of the bottom one. You can probably assume what happened after that. :whistling: