• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brand new to cigar smoking

icoNn

I'm brand new to cigar smoking, and kind of stumped with where to start when it comes to purchasing. I figure that I want to try a bunch of different cigars and figure out my favorites (hence a reason I am a member of this forum!)

Anyway, to get me started off, I was curious if this is a good/decent deal for me to start off with:

2 - Carlos Torano Signature Torpedo
2 - Gispert Churchill
2 - Graycliff Original PGX (toro)
2 - Gurkha Class Regent Toro
2 - Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Consul
2 - La Perla Black Pearl Rojo Robusto
2 - Montecristo White Rothschilde
2 - Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'E'
2 - Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2
2 - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro
PLUS
1 - Cigar Band Mosaic Humidor (20-capacity)

for $69.95

Thanks in advance for your help!

Do you have a humidor yet? Many after me will say "If you think you're in this for a while, buy a bigger humidor than you think you'll need."

They'll also say "Try the Newbie Sampler Thread." I've done this and it was a perfect way to try some new stuff out.

*edited my link

watch out for the "Joya de Nicaragua Antaño" they pack a pretty mean punch

Seems like a pretty good deal and I will also add the Antano may own your ass if you are new to cigars. But they are great cigars so eat a nice meal before smoking them. :thumbs:

That doesn't sound like a bad deal, but if you hang around here for long enough (and that's not too long) :D a 20 count humi will be way too small.

Good job on the gars.

You may be surprised at size of a 20 ct humidor in a very short time :) .

That appears to be the CI 90-Rate Super Premium Combo.

If so, I have that humidor from a previous purchase and it's decent. I basically just use it to store my accessories.

Those 'gars are pretty good though IMO and I really don't think you can miss on that price.

/2cents

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Many have recommended the newbie thread, and I'm definitely going to do that very shortly. I think it's a great idea. I believe that it will be a fantastic way for me to get acquainted with a good variety, and also a great way to start getting involved with the cigarpass community. I'm actually pretty stoked to do it. :cool:

Also, I have all plans and intentions of getting a larger humidor (probably 100 count to start with.) But I figured this gives me something to store a few smokes in until I get around to purchasing the bigger one while also giving me a few decent cigars.

X2!

Seems like a pretty good deal and I will also add the Antano may own your ass if you are new to cigars. But they are great cigars so eat a nice meal before smoking them. :thumbs:

Well, I made my first cigar purchase and it's on it's way!

2 - Carlos Torano Signature Torpedo
2 - Gispert Churchill
2 - Graycliff Original PGX (toro)
2 - Gurkha Class Regent Toro
2 - Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970 Consul
2 - La Perla Black Pearl Rojo Robusto
2 - Montecristo White Rothschilde
2 - Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'E'
2 - Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe #2
2 - Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Toro
1 - 5 Vegas Gold
1 - Black Pearl by La Perla Habana
1 - CAO Black
1 - Fonseca Classic
1 - Gurkha Reserve Connecticut
1 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte
1 - La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Cameroon
1 - Slow-Aged, Lot 826 by Perdomo
PLUS
1 - Cigar Band Mosaic Humidor (20-capacity)

28 'gars + a small humidor...got it all for under $90 shipped!!! I'm excited :thumbs:

Not bad for that price, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. There are some amazing cigar lines that aren't on that list, experience them all, cause its a trip.

Not bad for that price, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. There are some amazing cigar lines that aren't on that list, experience them all, cause its a trip.

That's the plan to start with...attack as many different brands/varieties as I can. I will continue to try new things, but I didn't have a ton of money to start with, so I got what I could for this current time. Hopefully I find some quality smokes within those that I really enjoy. It's tough being a poor college student trying to get into a relatively expensive hobby. :(

I'd suggest something bigger than a 100 count humidor. If I did it all over again when I had the cash, I would have gotten a 300 to 500 stick humidor to start with. They fill up soooooooooooooo fast.

I'd suggest something bigger than a 100 count humidor. If I did it all over again when I had the cash, I would have gotten a 300 to 500 stick humidor to start with. They fill up soooooooooooooo fast.

This man speaks the truth. I started with a 50 count, then bought a 100 count, now I'm thinking I need something bigger.

I was looking at this...any opinions?

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchant2/mer...Code=MDHUMIDORS

Yes, BIGGER. Seriously, though, I know a lot of people have been happy with their cheaphumidor boxes.
Actually a concern with going too big off the bat (I could get lynched around here for saying that this is possible), there are potential problms with keeping the humidity stable due to ana excess of empty space.

I have this exact humi bought from CH as well. For some reason it does not hold RH as well as my other humis. Not terrible just needs checking more often. Other than that it is a great humi.

Yes, BIGGER. Seriously, though, I know a lot of people have been happy with their cheaphumidor boxes.
Actually a concern with going too big off the bat (I could get lynched around here for saying that this is possible), there are potential problms with keeping the humidity stable due to ana excess of empty space.

I'm a college student. I'll be broke before it ever gets filled. :(