• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brewing question

Gonz

Ultra Runner
Hey all,

I'm getting ready to start another batch of a Surly Furious clone. The last time I brewed this, it turned out almost perfect. Side by side with the real thing they were just about indistinguishable. The exception was the real Furious has that slightly longer hops aftertaste that lingers in your mouth. Mine faded alot faster.

Any ideas what I can do during the process to duplicate that?

I'd have to see the recipe to give any better help, but I know they do a bittering charge at 60 and then add the rest of the hops at whirlpool.

That's the same recipe I did before you picked it up right Andy? Such a wonderful beer. I added an extra pound of honey to up the ABV in my batch. The hops turned to mud in the bottom of my fermenter, so racking it was tough to keep the main batch clean.

I have no advice on the hops and yield to Brewmaster Justin here, but was thinking maybe you can mess with the hop schedule a bit to get a longer aftertaste?