• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bruichladdich Black Art 21 Year

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Had this for the first time at a Bruichladdich tasting last night. I'd never had any of the Bruichladdich lineup before, so it was a great evening of discovery with my fiancée by my side. She's not one for hard alcohol, but she went with me anyway so I didn't have to roll solo. Needless to say I was happy with getting double pours!

This stuff poured a deep, deep ruby color. The fellow leading the tasting works for the distillery, and informed us that even the employees do not know for certain what kind of casks Black Art is finished in, as it is done behind closed doors by a select few that keep the secret tightly held. The suspicion is that port barrels are used, and after tasting this dram I agree. Incredibly smooth with a largely sweet, toffee like taste followed by an ample amount of dark fruit and a touch of earth. It was one of, if not the most unique whiskys I have had. The price point is a bit steep for my pocketbook, but if I could, I'd make this a staple. Incredible stuff.

I had just a taste of the original Black Art (19 yo) and I've read that a Black Art 3 (22yo) is to be released. At near $180 a bottle it isn't an everyday dram but is some great stuff.

You my friend a one lucky bastard to be able to get your hands on it !

Bruichladdich is on of my favorite distillery and the dram is killer ! (+ a very different falvor profile than any of the Islay)

Ruby colored ? I'm intrigued...very intrigued! How much peat to it?

Was it Jim that leaded the tasting? (if so he should know about the blend, he's the master distiller ! )