• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying aged cigars at LCDH

Bounc3r

Hey guys! Does anyone know if you pay extra for aged cigars at the LCDH? I asked my mother in law to bring me back a box of 25 RYJ no.2 She just called me and told me she paid 194$ instead of the 123$ base price. However the box is dated 2016. Did she get ripped off?

You'll pay extra for absolutely everything at LCdH, but the upside is that you can be as sure as you are going to get that you are receiving what you are paying for. Where was this LCdH? Keep taxes/VAT in mind, as well. As for "aged in house", some places will consider it a premium service, while other places will just consider it luck that you ended up with a 5-year-old box. I've heard people say that LCdH, as a rule, puts boxes away for several years before selling them with an upcharge -- though that is certainly not a blanket statement. Keep in mind that LCdH is a "franchise business", if you will, so each store sets their own policy in that regard. My local here in The Hague sells them as they get them in.

Without knowing anything further than what you've told us, my take is that she paid more than would elsewhere, for sure, but it's not out of line for LCdH -- especially if it is coming from an area with high VAT.

It was the lcdh in Cayo Santa Maria Cuba. I thought prices in Cuba was controlled by government, thats why I was kind of confused.

It was the lcdh in Cayo Santa Maria Cuba. I thought prices in Cuba was controlled by government, thats why I was kind of confused.
Ah, interesting. That may change things, then. I'll defer to His Eminence, @CigSid, on this.

The one I buy from in Belgium shows the box code for aged stuff. Pretty premium price mind. Box of 02 psd4 was 800 instead of 260. Suppose it depends how eager you are.