• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying ISOMs in Cuba

khari

A friend of mine went down to Havana recently (legally) and brought back a box of Vegas Robaina Unicos.  Looking at the box, there doesn't appear to be a box code on the bottom.  I haven't seen any ISOM boxes other than my own in a few years, so I don't know if they've changed how they do things.  They haven't done away with box codes, have they?  What might these be, one-offs?

There are instances where a box code may not be stamped.

This wouldn't happen with VR Unicos, they come in a dress box. Did he buy them at a LCDH, or go for the deal from the señor on the street? =)

Backslide said:

What instances?
<br /><br />When they stamp the cardboard outer while leaving the box in touched.

True, this is the only time there will not be a code on the box (or if it is a jar)... I have only seen one time (out of way too many boxes) that there was a missing code...

investandprosper said:
This wouldn't happen with VR Unicos, they come in a dress box. Did he buy them at a LCDH, or go for the deal from the señor on the street? =)

Supposedly some connection through a friend of his :blush:

khari said:

Yeah, now that there is a red flag.

Light this! said:

Yeah, now that there is a red flag.

BIG red flag... It is cheap enough to go to the shops, why mess with a friend of a friend of a friend...

Yeah, I figured.  I haven't gotten any ISOMs in a few years so I thought it best to not assume what was true then still is.

Its a Fugazi. But smoke them and enjoy them. They might not be bad afterall. John