• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying online

RichYhlen

I wanna buy something off of Thompson cigar website but I would like to get some feedback from anyone else and what issues they had with it. I trust the words from this forum rather then the reviews from the general public on thier website
Thanx guys
Rich

Do a search on the subject here on CP.

I guess if they were the only cigar store on the planet, I'd learn to grow my own tobacco, cure leaf, and roll my own cigars.

They're overpriced, ship slow, and will relentlessly hound you once your order from them. Almost all of their house brands are what many would consider dog rockets. I used to order from them years ago when I was a noob to cigars, but haven't in at least 5 years and most likely never will again irregardless of how good of a deal something they are offering may be.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't do it!
laugh.gif

what I was looking at was the Gurkha toro holy grail case and cigars it looks killer and its $135.00 and the smokes well thier Gurkha. As for buying other stuff thats a diff story

what I was looking at was the Gurkha toro holy grail case and cigars it looks killer and its $135.00 and the smokes well thier Gurkha. As for buying other stuff thats a diff story

I would advise against buying from them as well even if they have a deal on a (great cigar like Gurkha) ??? . No good will come from doing business with them, unless you enjoy being hounded by telemarketers.

Ok newb, listen up. Gurka's suck, Thompson sucks more. Plain enough for ya.

Doc.

...Doc is right. It really is that simple.....:laugh:

Humidors - set up a cooler for storage (a million threads in these forums) or buy one from someone like CheapHumidors.com. A cooler is absolutely the best, cheapest storage you can buy, but it doesn't look great on your desk....:p

Cigars - do a search through the "Retailers Forum" and you'll quickly figure out who the guys are that post here and support the membership. Tell them what you are looking for and I'm sure any one of them will be glad to put a sampler together tailored to what your preferences are. You'll get high quality cigars and a fair price from guys that support these forums. Can't do better than that.....:thumbs:

Good luck - B.B.S.

Not all of them Doc but you have to wade through a bunch to find some you like and then they'll discontinue it and come out with five more blends :p .

Ok newb, listen up. Gurka's suck, Thompson sucks more. Plain enough for ya.

Doc.

If you click the word cigar box it will go to the box I am referring to at the thompson website
Ok as I was referring to in the main topic of this whole thing is the actual cigar box and the cigars and buying from thompsons. I would like to thank everyone for thier input even thou some addressed that gurkha sucked which is thier opinion and every human has his or hers own tastes, likes and dislikes. But I do need to say that doc's statement rather bothered me, and could of been said with a little better tact even thou I am new to these boards that does not give anyone the right to be so arrogant to myself or anyone else.

Thanx all
Rich

...arrogance or the honest truth...??

If you ask someone with tons of experience for an opinion, you're likely to get it. If it's honest (and Doc is), it will be an opinion based on fact, observation, and experience. You can choose to disagree, but you can't discount the experience behind the opinion.

Yes, taste is subjective. However, ask someone who enjoys fine wine what they think of Ripple or Night Train. I hope you see what I'm implying.....

One man's observations - B.B.S.

Edited to add - good natured ribbing is part of these forums. Don't take it personally.....

Yea, most of these guys are a bunch of D**ks, Rich.

Look, I happen to be the supreme FOG here, so if you have any questions regarding cigars, or really, life in general, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Peace out,
K

Yea, most of these guys are a bunch of D**ks, Rich.

Look, I happen to be the supreme FOG here, so if you have any questions regarding cigars, or really, life in general, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Peace out,
K
It's true Rich. K is the best of the best. Most of his work here is done behind the scenes. All sneaky like....

If it's only the box you want and not specifically the cigars, then try CigarBid. I've tried to bid on Perdomo's Edicion de Silvio's spanish galleon cigar box as I don't find the cigars to my tastes. The box would have been nice to give my little girl.

If you think you will smoke all those cigars then go for it. I have mugs, lighters, ashtrays and purdy boxes all because I wanted the freebies too.
laugh.gif

Let us know if you buy another one of those sets or find your tastes have changed a bit. Now if you REALLY want a nice Gurkha box check this out

GurkhaGrandAge.jpg
But ya gotta smoke all 50 to get it empty!
sad.gif
tongue.gif

Thompson is overpriced...I would look elsewhere. I mean really...how badly do you want the box?