• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

C&R Firearms

MoeCizlak

Built for comfort
I know there are a lot of gun enthusiasts on here but does anyone have any experience with C&R guns? I've never bought a firearm in my life but inherited a couple of shotguns and a 22 rifle from my grandfather that I used to hunt with. I'm looking at either a Swiss K31 or Lee-Enfield MkIV but am completely ignorant on the process. Anyone have any experience or recommendations?

Curio and Relic used to be a great way for individuals to get stuff. But I've not heard anything about it probably 20 years.

You might look to see if cruffler.com is still active.
That used to be the place to go for info.

That’s my wheelhouse. I have a few Lee Enfields, some of which I shoot. .303 is just expensive. No Schmidt Rubins in the collection though I hear good things. I’ve accumulated a few WWII guns over the years. Were you thinking about getting the C&R license? I haven’t bitten that bullet yet.

How do you like the Lee-Enfield? I’m torn between the two but am leaning towards the K31. I haven’t looked too much into the legalities of it yet, do you have to have a C&R license to purchase?

I like my Enfields, especially my Savage-made one. I’m more of a collector than a shooter. The smooth operation of the cock on close design is very nice, but I’ve heard some people complain about the resistance it gives you. I’ll try to take a picture for you. I mainly shoot my Mosin Nagants, but that’s mostly about the availability of the ammunition.

I plan on shooting whatever it is I end up getting. My nephew has a Mosin that I'm going to get around to shooting at some point. I've heard mixed reviews about them but would still like the experience to try one out.