• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabaiguan Guapo RX

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
So, as some may [topic="48641"]have observed[/topic], I was very happy to receive a box of Cabaiguan Guapos RX today, and this was the first smoke I've purchased box of without actually smoking them before. Al from Puff n Stuff gave me such a good price that I decided to take a gamble on them.

I'm puffing on one of these as I type and I have a few thoughts and questions....

The feel of this cigar is top notch. Not sure I'm putting this the right way, but this cigar feels great in the hand. It's almost like when you see samurais in movies talking about the weight of a good sword. As light-medium body the smoke of this cigar may be, it feels nice and solid in my hand and it's the one smoke I've had that I don't mind just hanging onto and chomping on in between draws.

The smoke is creamy and relatively light. I am missing some of that pepper and spice that I usually like in a cigar, but there's a quality to the flavor overall. You can tell this is the product of perfectionists and masters.

Now to my questions:

If anyone has experience with this line, how do the flavors change, if at all with time in the humi and what might be the best environment for these smokes?

Like I said, this is probably a bit more mild than I tend to go for and I'm just wondering how mild smokes change with a little bit of time in the humidor. I have most of my smokes in a vinotemp, set to 65/65. Would these Guapos be better at a higher humidity?

If anything, I think I now have a box of good quality smokes for weekend mornings with a cup of coffee -- something I was lacking until now.

As far as how these are going to progress after time I can't say (mine don't make it long enough to find out). But as far as the storage, yours is fine. I wouldn't store them any higher since they have some very delicate wrappers, and IMO don't smoke that well when you put them around 70%. I keep all of my Pepin/Tatuaje smokes at 65% or a touch lower, but never below 63%. Hope this helps!
B

I also got mine yesterday from Al. This is my first experience with the Cabaiguan line as well so I can't comment on any other vitolas. I did have my first and it was great!