• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cabinet-dor?

luckyred23

I posted this in another thread, but thought it might get more attention if I made a seperate thread...

ust another idea to throw out there as far as cigar storage goes...

I did this at my old house, and will do it again...

I'm finishing my basement, and next to the bar I'm going to build some cabinets to store dishes, etc. One extra cabinet will be for, you guessed it...cigars. All you have to do is seal the inside somehow. I line it with styrofoam, and caulk. Let this sit open for a few days to get rid of the 'fresh caulk' odor. Then I went to the local woodworking store, and bought some spanish cedar boards. I lined the whole cabinet with spanish cedar (over the styrofoam). It was easy to put shelves in. A digital hygrometer, and some beads later, and you have one hell of a cigar cabinet...one that is out of the way, and looks very nice.

I am in the process of doing this right now!!!

I'm building a cabinet for a 48" (w) 20" (d) nook in our dining room. I have the cabinet built and sp. cedar lined and am currently working on the doors.

almost to the sanding/staining point...I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D :D

sounds like a plan!

now, if only I could do that to one of my desk drawers in the dorms ...
:D

:sign:

I'd like to do the built in deal as well. Right now I have a refrigerdor in my finished basement next to the bar.

The finish basement is ideal since the humidity level is higher than the rest of the house thus not requiring your beads or whatever to do a lot of work.

Last summer though I had to buy a DEhumidifier as the room got up to 90%.

Sounds great lucky, you got me thinking about a winter project.

Thanks