• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Call of Duty Black Ops

MrAnderson41

Cool Story 'Bro!
Anyone play COD: Black Ops on PS3? I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to put it down. If you've got a PS3 and Black Ops feel free to post you PSN ID in this thread and I'll try to update the OP with everyones ID and maybe we can get a few games going sometime. My PSN ID is MrAnderson41, imagine that.

Anyone play COD: Black Ops on PS3? I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to put it down. If you've got a PS3 and Black Ops feel free to post you PSN ID in this thread and I'll try to update the OP with everyones ID and maybe we can get a few games going sometime. My PSN ID is MrAnderson41, imagine that.

:) I picked it up the the PC. COD BO is so freakin fun even though Im horrible at it. :sign:

I've still got COD World at War. Color me outdated :blush:

CoD on PS3? Blasphemy!

Spare me. There's a guy that I work with that is the same way about FPS games. I used to be the same way but they've come quite a long way on this generation of consoles and I don't think I could ever play them on the PC again.

I've still got COD World at War. Color me outdated :blush:

If you enjoy COD titles I highly suggest picking up Black Ops. I did MW1 and World at War but skipped MW2. Black Ops is the same familiar COD experience online but with some nice additions since the last time I played a COD game online (MW1). The biggest difference is COD Cash to purchase different weapons, attachments, kill streaks, etc.

Ugh. I bought BO, beat it, and traded that thing so fast it was like a two dollar hooker. What a waste of time. I'd say I'll stick to the MW releases, but those guys split from Infinity Ward now, so I'm screwed.

I gladly traded it for Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Much smarter story, and much longer gameplay. Im sick of paying sixty bucks for a game I can beat in five hours. I could give a crap about multiplayer, its overrated to me. Im so bitter. :D

Platform here is a nicely hot rodded PC. I just can't get my head around any of the console controllers for shooters; if I don't have WASD and a mouse, I'm toast....:p

Ugh. I bought BO, beat it, and traded that thing so fast it was like a two dollar hooker. What a waste of time. I'd say I'll stick to the MW releases, but those guys split from Infinity Ward now, so I'm screwed.
I'm slogging my way through BO but I have to agree, Jon, it's not my fave. MW2 is the one I keep going back to.

As far as the Infinity Ward guys, there are rumors that they may indeed be back, one way or another. I'll PM you if I can find some interesting linkage.

I gladly traded it for Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Much smarter story, and much longer gameplay. Im sick of paying sixty bucks for a game I can beat in five hours. I could give a crap about multiplayer, its overrated to me. Im so bitter. :D

Yea...finished in a few nights. MW is better.

So none of you guys play the multiplayer online huh? What's the matter, afraid you're going to get owned by some 12 year olds? :laugh: I know I get owned more than my fair share but I still find it a lot of fun especially when you're playing with the same group of people in a team deathmatch or something similar.

I agree with you on the single player campaign mode not been long enough to justify sixty bucks. If I want a good campaign mode I'll play Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto or Fallout but I really don't think you can beat any COD online play.

I just don't have the time to dedicate leveling myself up to a point where I can contend with the 4 Star Generals and Captains they toss Privates in with sometimes. COD has the best multiplayer no argument there, but their ranking system that they put noobs in with is just jacked up.

I might pick up a copy when It gets closer to Christmas. My girlfriends Dad has a TV the size of a suburban and a ps3. So I will tear it up there.

Ill post when I get there!

I did beat single player, it was awesome! BRAIN WASHING FTW!

I purchased this game mostly for online play :thumbs: I'm not much of a set top gamer. I've always preferred PC.

I might pick up a copy when It gets closer to Christmas. My girlfriends Dad has a TV the size of a suburban and a ps3. So I will tear it up there.

Ill post when I get there!

I did beat single player, it was awesome! BRAIN WASHING FTW!

Don't waste your money. Its cool but not that cool. Wait till its less than $30.

carl-on-duty-black-cops.jpg

Chris

PC here (for most everything) but it was gifted to my by a BOTL... co-op is SEVERELY lacking in this one other than Nazi Zombies...

I just don't have the time to dedicate leveling myself up to a point where I can contend with the 4 Star Generals and Captains they toss Privates in with sometimes. COD has the best multiplayer no argument there, but their ranking system that they put noobs in with is just jacked up.

I must admit that it would seem to make more sense if their match making algorithm took into account each players rank and put them with similarly skilled players, but we've all been there before. It didn't take too terribly long before I was able to "hold my own" in a free for all match. One of the nice features in this game is the ability to play in a Combat Training Mode that essentially allows to play against bots offline in the same game modes as multiplayer online. You can set the difficulty of the bots to whatever you're comfortable with and get some practice before hitting the online battlefield. I would think this would help noobs out tremendously in getting their feet wet.

I guess I underestimated the number of people that still play games on the PC. Another forum (MSU Spartans related) that I belong to is mostly PS3/Xbox guys with very few PC gamers. I guess it must be because sports games are sub par on the PC or something.

Don't waste your money. Its cool but not that cool. Wait till its less than $30.

What exactly didn't you like about the game? I've seen a few people on the interwebs bashing the game and the only logical explanation I can come up with for it is that they're IW fan boys. While I admit Modern Warfare was a sweet game and kind of a "first of it's kind", for the PS3 at least, I think COD: Black Ops is right there with it. I think the multiplayers are fairly even with a slight edge toward Black Ops for the additions they've made (I haven't played MW2 so I'm not sure if the changes were made in MW2 or not), and from what I've heard the campaign mode of Black Ops is far better than at least MW2. I haven't play much, if any, campaign so I can't really speak to it but if it's any longer than MW1 then it's an improvement.