• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling all Old Farts

Allofus123

Here ducky, ducky, ducky!
I've been living a rather quiet life lately and suddenly someone has the nerve to wreck my peace and quiet? :0

This shit has got to stop. Who the hell does this NEWB guy think he is? And whats up with the taunting with an return address of 101 UB Stumpt Ave?
All I can say is wow.... someone has impeccable taste and has apparently done his homework well with all of the "hits" I'm seeing posted.

I've got a short list of people with my addie so my initial investigation will start there. Thats right... I said initial. Don't think you can pull this kind of crap off in our home and get away with it...... you stinking newb! :laugh: :cool:

PS - Thank You & Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Yes this random and malicious thuggery must be stopped at all costs. We have ways of finding these things out!

Well done fellas :thumbs:

Bunch of internet tough guys picking on the elderly. They should be ashamed. :angry:

Very nicely done! And a deserving geriatric. :D

Well done to the Newb that masterminded this hit! I've been fingered, but it was not me! It couldn't have happened to a better BOTL.! Congrats Kenny.

Ji

Well done to the Newb that masterminded this hit! I've been fingered, but it was not me! It couldn't have happened to a better BOTL.! Congrats Kenny.

Ji

Sorry Jeech but you were the only newb I could recall giving my addie to recently.

You know, a person could do pretty good for himself by selling out this Newb. Give him up and you will remain anonymous and rewarded well. :laugh: :sign: :cool:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, well, except for me of course. :laugh:

Gimmie all your Opus Maduro and I'll spill the beans.... :p

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is portrayed in the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!, as saying after his attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." The supposed quote was abbreviated in the film Pearl Harbor (2001), where it merely read, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant."

Neither At Dawn We Slept, written by Gordon Prange, nor The Reluctant Admiral, the definitive biography of Yamamoto in English by Agawa Hiroyu, contain the line.

Randall Wallace, the screenwriter of Pearl Harbor, readily admitted that he copied the line from Tora! Tora! Tora!. The director of the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!, Richard Fleischer, stated that while Yamamoto may never have said those words, the film's producer, Elmo Williams, had found the line written in Yamamoto's diary. Williams, in turn, has stated that Larry Forrester, the screenwriter, found a 1943 letter from Yamamoto to the Admiralty in Tokyo containing the quote. However, Forrester cannot produce the letter, nor can anyone else, American or Japanese, recall or find it.

In "The Reluctant Admiral," Hiroyuki Agawa, without a citation, does give a quote from a reply by Admiral Yamamoto to Ogata Taketora on January 9, 1942, which is strikingly similar to the famous version:"A military man can scarcely pride himself on having 'smitten a sleeping enemy'; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten. I would rather you made your appraisal after seeing what the enemy does, since it is certain that, angered and outraged, he will soon launch a determined counterattack."

Well done...messin' with the old guys from time to time is fun. :laugh: